CRST International Driver Career Advisor in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Driver Career Advisor is responsible for internal recruitment, transfers and retention of current company drivers, owner operators, experienced fleet owners, lease purchase drivers and rehires.
- Explore creative methods of sourcing qualified applicants.
- Conduct telephone and personal interviews daily with prospective candidates.
- Complete background checks including personal records, Motor Vehicle Reports, and DAC reports.
- Review and process applications of prospective transfers and determine if the applicant is qualified.
- Communicate with drivers on a day-to-day basis to assist them in transferring to a new position within the company.
- Find a position the driver qualifies for, sell them on the position and make sure they have all pertinent information.
- Coordinate qualified drivers with operations to ensure the drivers expectations are met.
- Inform drivers who do not meet requirements that they are currently ineligible, but keep the driver engaged in the transfer process
- Make outbound calls to drivers who are currently on a waiting list in the transfer portal to offer open positions and sell the driver a new position within CRST.
- Keep in touch with potential driver transfers to make sure they are still sold on a position and are on track for making the set transfer date
- Continuous communication with CRST leadership to ensure that driver needs are being filled in a timely manner without over filling driving positions.
- Explain the company’s operating policy and safety standards and work with drivers or applicants who present issues.
- Maintain standards as outlined by CRST International policy and standards in regards to the hiring or contracting of drivers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Previous driver recruitment or management or sales experience
High School diploma or GED
CRST is an EOE. Candidate subject to successful completion of pre-employment drug and background screening.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Employment duration: Full time