CRST International Helpdesk Technician in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *Works across a broad range of technologies and liaises across multiple areas of the business to support incidents, problems and requests. Responsible for answering IT requests via phone, email, live chat or instant message and explaining solutions in technical and nontechnical terms.
- Primary point of contact for all IT-related questions.
- Respond to telephone calls, email and personal requests for technical support in a fast, friendly manner with the ability to explain technical situations to non-technical individuals
- Troubleshoot and support software all approved software and hardware.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems and escalate problems to other support teams when necessary
- Follow SOP
- Document incidents/problems and clearly document the issue, troubleshooting steps taken, and comments in an incident management system.
- Contribute to Knowledge Base Support documentation to aid in the resolution & fulfillment processes related to Incident Management & Service Request Management.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, able to adapt to frequent change and work a flexible schedule
- Work with diverse groups and individuals to set goals, establish priorities, and solve complex problems.
* Qualification Requirements:*
- Customer focused with a strong commitment to improving the customer experience
- Team oriented
- Ability to provide support to end users on a variety of topics including Windows operating systems, Active Directory, MS Office, printers, mobile devices, and email issues
- Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of basic network components and concepts
- Mature, self-motivated, and professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving/analytical abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as willing to follow direction and best practices
- Regularly demonstrates initiative in supporting the customer outside of expected job assignments
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task talking to customers while performing technical computer work.
- Two or Four-year degree in IT-related field or equivalent experience in a Technical Support/Help Desk environment.
- Previous call center, customer service, technical support experience
CRST is an EOE. Successful candidates will be subject to a pre employment background check and drug screen.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Employment duration: Full time