CRST International IT Security Technician in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
* Job Summary: *The Information Technology (IT) Security Technician role is to help safeguard the organization’s computer networks and systems. Including carrying out security measures to monitor and protect sensitive data and systems from infiltration and cyber-attacks. I.T. Security Technician will work as part of a larger IT team and report to the IT Security Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
- Manage and monitor alert queues from security technologies and escalate to support teams as needed
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Ensure that the management knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
- Other duties as assigned
*Education and Experience: *
- Experience in configuring and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of industry best practices in system security
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or relevant security related certifications required
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: *
- Highest standard of confidentiality and professional judgment an absolute must.
- High integrity and honesty -- consistently meets commitments in a timely and professional manner.
- Research and analyze security weaknesses and recommend appropriate strategies
- Enthusiasm for staying up to date with the latest security issues/threats and solutions
- Well-organized, strong on follow-through and able to multi-task.
- Self-directed and ability to work independently in the execution of work-related tasks.
- Creative problem-solver.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate IT information to people without a technical background
- Friendly and approachable in dealing with both internal and external customers and constituents.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including weekend/evening hours.
- Able to excel while working in stressful situations.
CRST is an EOE. Successful candidate will be subject to a pre employment background check and drug screen.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Employment duration: Full time