CRST International Manager - Transportation Operations in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
*Job Summary: *Responsible for developing relationships and meeting the distinct service requirements of the customer as outlined in the transportation agreement between CRST and our client(s).
*Essential Duties and Responsibilities: *
- Provide exemplary customer service to established customers including hustling, selling transportation solutions, developing relationships of new customers and growing revenue through business-to-business telephone contact.
- Follow-up on customer requests and/or concerns.
- Meet and exceed established revenue goals for existing and new customers.
- Maintain department budget, approving accounts payable items.
- Negotiate rates with potential and established customers including ensuring RFP events are entered on-time and accurately.
- Provide profitability analysis on customers along with KPI reporting and strategy planning.
- Manage assigned special projects by using team participation, metrics and communication to promote solutions for project success.
- Ensure timely and accurate billing of both existing and new customers.
- Ensure that all unbilled and A/R issues are kept to a minimum by working directly with accounting.
- Work closely with the training department to develop and effective new hire and on-going or continuous improvement training programs.
- Conduct interviews for potential candidates for all positions in the group and be involved in the selection of all new employees.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 2-3 years of previous experience in the transportation industry required
- High School Diploma or GED required and a degree in a related field strongly preferred
- Must be able to balance meeting customer expectations and meeting company performance metrics
- Previous experience managing people a plus
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft office knowledge) needed
CRST is an EOE. Candidate subject to successful completion of pre-employment background and drug testing.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Employment duration: Full time