CRST International Server Administrator in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Position Summary: Maintain the IT Infrastructure of internal environments; including Windows server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, backup and restore. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Maintain documentation of client networks and systems. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks, and provide support for escalated trouble tickets.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server topology, equipment, and configuration(s).
- Level 2 and Level 3 Support for problems identified with systems and network. Will act as an escalation for Level 1 and Level 2 support technicians.
- Participate in after-hours upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Standard system administration duties including server install, System/Application install and patch management, Windows problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Provide Infrastructure services in all areas needed: storage, Operating System, directory services, server virtualization using system backup and restore, system and network monitoring, application installation and configuration
- Utilize superior customer service skills
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Effective oral and written communicator with skills to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Practical / hands-on windows server knowledge
- Experience working with Windows OS, VMware, Hyperconvergence,
- Active Directory, O365, SharePoint administration
- Team Player
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Proven leadership skills
Education & Experience Requirements:
- 5-7 years of prior IT experience. Enterprise environment experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate by phone or in person.
- Demonstrated written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Works effectively both as a team member and independently.
Effectively utilizes tools to resolve issues and escalates appropriately.
Proven background of providing great customer service.
- Ability to work independently, prioritizes existing projects, and proactively determines areas.
CRST is an EOE. Successful Candidate will be subject to a pre employment background check and drug screen.
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Employment duration: Full time