Comcast Director, Financial Planning & Analysis in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Benefits for new hires start on Day 1.
In this role you will directly support our executive team and the success of the business by owning our financial plan and being responsible helping leaders across the organization make the best decisions possible. Responsible for directing and organizing the financial planning process. Conducts performance analysis and progress review reports. Prepares financial statements and analysis and maintains a system of accounts. Leads and conducts special projects, typically project involving financial analysis and research of business issues in order to provide top management with financial data and business advice to support their resource allocation decisions and objectives for corporate growth and profitability. Interpreting, visualizing and communication insights to senior leadership.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Operationalize reporting to all levels of the organization, including executive level reporting, regional reports.
- Driving the strategic planning cycle by partnering with business leaders at HQ, division and regions to develop robust financial forecasts and reporting; translate financial results into operational recommendations to optimize the business.
- Analyze performance to identify areas of risk or opportunity, and create plans to mitigate or accelerate those.
- Build Tableau dashboards and other visualizations to deliver insights.
- Conducts and documents moderate-to-complex financial analysis, business analysis, and profitability and cost analysis projects and presents to senior management. Analyzes significant variances from planned or forecasted results.
- Directs the preparation of all accounting and financial reports, relating to proposed new business operations, for management and operations review.
- Serves as a channel for senior management to relay their financial planning and business needs/issues. Leads the preparation and review of budget materials for the executive leaders and manages ongoing reporting against budget and plan objectives.
- Participates in various corporate financial accounting projects such as financial systems development and currency management programs.
- Develops ways to continually improve processes to ensure timely and accurate budget analysis for management team.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study:
Years of Experience:
- Generally requires 10 years related experience
- Extensive data interpretation experience and the ability to communicate insights and findings to senior management and stakeholders in a clear, compelling way.
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative corporate environment.
- Strong proven leadership and high skill level in analytics.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrixed environment with many cross-functional partners.
- Demonstrable previous experience with complex financial modeling in corporate finance.
- Highly competent in excel and with data visualization: excellent modeling skills and ability to perform complex analyses with big data sets required.
- Strong data visualization skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Creativity in problem solving.
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to communicate analysis and recommendations to stakeholders to drive business decisions.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer