Comcast Integration Engineer, Video Acquisition Compression Technology in Centennial, Colorado
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
As a member of the Video Acquisition and Compression Technology team, you are instrumental in delivering cutting edge video distribution technology. You will be provided with an opportunity to work with the top video and network technology vendors in the world as Comcast focuses on being the 1st in the industry to deliver the latest and greatest experience to our customers. To ensure that you have the tools to do your job effectively, we make sure that you have full access to the latest and greatest tools and test equipment in our state of the art facility.
Are you passionate about digital media, entertainment, and software services? Do you like big challenges and working within a highly motivated team environment?
We are looking for an outstanding Integration Engineer within the VACT organization who will work closely with VACT Engineering teams that are responsible for creating new approaches for Video and Audio products for Linear and On-Demand. Integration Initiatives range from short term product integration to large scale long life cycle integrations strategic to Comcast. We are a team that thrives on big challenges, results, quality, and agility.
Who does the Integration Engineer 1 work with?
The Engineer 1 of the Integration team will support multiple VACT engineering teams who design video acquisition, compression and distribution platforms for Comcast and multiple commercial customers. Work closely with the variety of on-site vendors that have a technical presence in our facilities. This position is integral to the VACT organization, implementing designs from Video Architecture Team the Video Systems Engineering and Control Team and the Video Design Strategy and Support team.
What are some interesting things you will doing?
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing the designs from various engineering teams utilizing the latest technologies both hands on and as a program manager overseeing the work of support contractors. You will work with other Integration Engineers using a scope of work, run lists and drawings to handle the scheduling of work, materials. You will also follow standard data center and department standards when running and terminating cables, labeling and other documentation of projects and work.
Provide world class support to highly productive engineering teams with either hands on or quality oversite of systems integration. Follow all established procedures, protocols and safety guide lines, ask questions and expand your knowledge of projects and technology. Maintain inventory of ready use materials, tracks assets as they are used and update documents during the integration process. Act as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment and as a cross-functional liaison.
Where can you make an impact?
You will be working with the best and brightest minds in Comcast to roll out the video delivery infrastructure that will power the next generation of television. Success in this role is characterized by ongoing team development, staying ahead of the technology curve and providing robust and creative ways to support video technology.
- Integration and quality control of scalable video encoding platforms that support all Comcast video, audio, and data compression initiatives.
- Meticulous attention to detail and practiced craftsmanship.
- Maintains inventory of ready use materials, tracks assets and purchase orders and updates labeling and documentation as needed.
- Reports on the progress of all technical projects towards the company's video engineering goals and strategies.
Tracks and reports status to project managers.
Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work variable schedule as necessary.
- Occasional travel.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associates degree or 2 year's relevant experience.
- Experience with test equipment like OTDR, Network Cable Testers or similar equipment.
- Computer skills and familiarity with Excel, Word, Visio and other similar products.
- Possesses the ability to rapidly grasp new technologies and abstractions and apply them in a meaningful way.
- Good communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Comfortable working a fast paced agile environment.
- Proficient use of hand tools and ability to lift 50Lbs
- Ability to work in chilled climate controlled environments with elevated ambient noise.
About Comcast VACT (Video Acquisition and Compression Technology)
VACT (Video Acquisition & Compression Technology) , is a startup division within Comcast's Technology and Product Division and spun out from IP Video and online projects originated within Comcast Interactive Media is based in downtown Denver, CO. We are a cloud-based, IP video infrastructure that's been built to deliver a broad mix of on-demand video, live TV streams and an assortment of other digital media to an array of connected devices in the home.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer