Arrow Electronics Partner Specialist Manager in Centennial, Colorado
Partner Specialist Manager
● Manages and oversees the processing of sales orders ensuring accurate receipt and booking, tracking sales shipments, delivery, billing and backlog activities, providing internal sales reports, responding to inquiries regarding status of orders and resolves customer order difficulties. Manages all facets of customer retention (CRM) including participating in the resolution of customer concerns and defining and developing a customer contact strategy. Manages return materials authorization (RMA) processes for ensuring customer returns, exchanges, service and repairs are done with speed and accuracy and all client/customer service delivery issues are resolved.
● Resolve escalated operational related issues including vendor concerns, contract reviews, new programs.
● Assign, design and create new processes for special services/programs for customer. Manages market research to determine special pricing for non- standard items in the interests of ensuring appropriate profit margins are reached and maintained.
● Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function. Manage staff including personnel development, hiring, training, etc. Monitor and review work of staff.
● May manage customer quotes activities in line with customer specific strategies, quoting processes, and order management.
● Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business or technical support or production team
● Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors
● Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager
● Typically does not spend more than 20% of time performing the work supervised
● Accountable for the results of a large and/or moderately complex support or production operations team including subordinate work leaders
● Applies acquired expertise to analyze and solve problems without clear precedent
● Provides input on resource planning and policy development
● Coaches team members on performance, completes employee performance evaluations and recommends pay actions
Experience / Education
Typically requires 5–7 years of related experience with a 4 year degree; or 3 years and an advanced degree; or equivalent work experience.
Customer Facing/Supplier Facing
Most people live in the present. But a handful of us live in a world that doesn’t exist yet — the world of Five Years Out. Five Years Out is the tangible future. And it’s a way of thinking at Arrow that serves as a springboard for innovators, helping them see what’s coming and stay ahead of what’s ahead.
We are much more than products and services. We’re a community of designers, engineers, builders and visionaries who navigate the path between possibility and practicality, across the complete lifecycle of electronics, in some of the fastest-growing commercial and industrial markets on the planet.
The work we do is everywhere, from things you’ve never seen to things you can’t live without. A Fortune 113 company with more than 18,800 employees in over 80 countries, and 2017 sales of $26.6 billion, we guide innovation forward for the world’s leading technologies used in homes, businesses and daily life. If it takes a charge, chances are we helped design it, build it and get it to market.
Are you Five Years Out? Then chances are, you’ll enjoy working with us.
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate based upon race, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Arrow will make reasonable accommodations that enable qualified individuals to perform the essential functions of their jobs so long as the accommodation does not create an undue hardship.