Hilton Sous Chef in Central Jakarta, Indonesia
A Sous Chef will work closely with the Executive Chef to manage all aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing food provisions, assisting with guest queries, and controlling costs.
What will I be doing?
A Sous Chef, will work closely with the Executive Chef to manage aspects of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Sous Chef will also be required to manage food provisions, assist with guest queries, and control costs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage all aspects of the kitchen including operational, quality and administrative functions
- Manage the provision of food to Food and Beverage outlets and taking action where necessary to ensure compliance with current legislation
- Assist in positive outcomes from guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure food stuffs are of a good quality and stored correctly
- Contribute to menu creation by responding and incorporating Guest feedback
- Ensure the consistent production of high quality food through all hotel food outlets
- Manage customer relations when necessary, in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Ensure resources support the business needs through the effective management of working rotations
- Support brand standards through the training and assessment of the Team
- Manage the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organized, motivated Team
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues
- Be environmentally aware
What are we looking for?
Sea Grain Restaurant is a Mediterranean restaurant with a local twist. With an ala carte open for lunch and dinner, our ideal candidate for Sous Chef would be required to have a wide Mediterranean cuisine knowledge with a Spanish/Italian background. He/she should be able to use a variety of mainly local and pork-free ingredients.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain these following details:
- Relevant qualifications for this role
- Preferably an expatriate with working and living permits in Indonesia/Jakarta
- Fluent in English
- Have work experiences in restaurant located in Jakarta/Indonesia
- Able to work on behalf of guest and working with other Team Members
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Ability multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ccreative and versatile person able to drive the kitchen and restaurant Team Members
- Strong supervisory skills
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
- A creative approach to the production of food
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own or in teams
- Able to join around April 2018
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous kitchen experience in similar role
- Passion for producing high quality food
- Knowledge of current food trends
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Sous Chef
Requisition ID: HOT04X5P