BNSF Telecom Electronic Technician II in Centralia, Illinois
Telecom Electronic Technician II
Apply now »
Dec 7, 2018
Centralia, IL, US, 62801
Apply early as this job may be removed or filled prior to the closing date, which is approximately seven (7) days after the posting date.
Job Location: Centralia
Other Potential Locations: Centralia, IL
Anticipated Start Date: 02/11/2019
Number of Positions: 1
Salary Range: Monthly rate of pay is approximately $6,433.19
All communication with applicants will be done via email. Please check your email on a daily basis.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: Install, repair and maintain all Telecommunications equipment including but not limited to: End of Train Devices, Front of Train Devices, Radios, Digital Microwave (MW), and Radio Frequency (RF) Data Link Equipment.
Safety: Comply with company and federal safety rules, policies and procedures to include: wear required safety equipment; respond to and act on safety concerns.
Technical Duties: Install, assemble, repair, adjust, test, and maintain telecommunications equipment, such as: wired and wireless telecommunications systems devices; microwave; Automatic Equipment Identification (AEI) systems; PBX's; data/digital networks including Cisco/Nortel routers and switches; and soldering electrical components.
Problem Resolution: Troubleshoot to component level; work with IT help desk to resolve trouble tickets and work orders for internal/external customers.
Recordkeeping: Record repairs in Repair Tracking System via computer; provide log history of Train Control System, as needed.
The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.
• 18 years of age or older
• HS diploma or GED
• BNSF is a drug-free company; employees are subject to random drug tests
• Willing to submit to a background review
• Available to work in geographic area indicated
• Able to read, write and communicate (speak, hear and understand) English
• Able to work indoors primarily at a work bench, equipment bay, installation garage or Radio Frequency (RF) transmission facility and outdoors in all weather conditions
• Available to work full-time (40 hrs/wk) subject to overtime, on-call (24:7), alternating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays.
• Available to travel to/around designated seniority region and remain on set for extended time
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs unassisted
• Able to visually distinguish colors - red, blue, green, yellow
• Possess a valid state issued driver’s license
• Able to perform soldering work
• Able to read and understand electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic diagrams and schematics
• 2 years minimum of verifiable electronics experience or post-high school training
• Able to use hands to perform activities involving holding, grasping, turning and pulling
• Able to perform work on uneven surfaces; frequently climb on/off equipment; work on top of locomotives and other equipment
• Able to work in conditions with loud noise and fumes; work on/around heavy/moving machinery; bend, walk, stand, sit for extended time; and use hand tools
• Follow safety policies and procedures; wear required personal protective equipment
Training: Company-paid on-the-job.
Relocation: Assistance not available.
Work Conditions: Extreme all-weather conditions; uneven surfaces; safety sensitive work environment.
Shifts/Hours: Full-time, subject to overtime, on-call, alternating shifts, nights, weekends, holidays.
Union & Dues: International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers.
Dues: Per union agreement; membership and dues required.
BNSF Employees receive a competitive benefit package.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen.
BNSF Railway is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION ELEMENTS:
Last 7 years of driving history
Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
Social Security number
MEDICAL REVIEW ELEMENTS:
Other elements as needed
DRUG TEST ELEMENTS:
BNSF is committed to a safe and drug free work place and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping BNSF safe and drug free.
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC): Federal authority requires BNSF employees, whose work requires unescorted access to secure areas of port facilities, to obtain a TWIC. A TWIC is a condition of employment for such positions and requires candidates to those positions to submit to a TSA security assessment (to include, but not limited to, providing: biographic information; identity documents; fingerprints; digital photograph). More information is available at http://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic .
SF: MO | [[mfield5]] | Technology Services | Centralia, IL | 62801
Zip/Postal Code: [
Nearest Major Market: Mount Vernon
Hydraulics, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technician, Electrical, Engineering, Technology
Apply now »