Penske Operations Supervisor - Transportation - 3rd Shift (Supply Chain/Logistics) in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Looking for a great career? Penske Logistics is ranked among America's Best Employers by Forbes Magazine!
Are you an energetic and team oriented leader focused on commitment to customers, dedication to excellence and innovation?
Do you have a proven record of leadership excellence and a history of leading teams to consistently exceed established goals in dynamic operational environments?
Do you have a proven ability to recruit, train, develop, communicate with and retain team members?
Do you have a demonstrated ability to develop forward looking plans and turn those plans into successful execution?
Do you have a proven ability to effectively manage financial resources?
Penske Logistics is seeking a proven leader with relevant experience and skills to join our team of transportation and logistics professionals. We are seeking a candidate to provide leadership to about 25 CDL A Drivers in Chambersburg, PA.
This Operations Supervisor provides direction at a single location, leading staff to ensure customer requirements are achieved while meeting our Penske goals and objectives.
This position will be 3rd shift, 7pm-4am Monday night through Saturday morning and may alter to a Sunday night through Friday morning schedule depending on operations.
People. Lead the Penske Logistics Team:
Ensure that all supervisors and associates are trained and competent and understand how their work relates to the customers' business objectives.
Recruit, train, develop and retain quality associates.
Establish and sustain effective, two-way communication that informs and motivates as well as recognizes excellence among team members.
Establish strong and effective relationships with the customer and supporting organizations.
Operations. Lead the Penske Logistics Team to achieve operational excellence.
Meet or exceed all customer key performance metrics and objectives.
nteract daily with our local customer to ensure we understand existing and emerging customer needs.
Execute a process to track and record value delivered to the customer.
Identify and seize profitable business opportunities for the customer and Penske.
Lead team to identify operational improvements in areas such as route optimization, carrier selection, backhaul, trailer loading, inventory accuracy and warehouse operations.
Lead effort to improve fleet/equipment utilization, maintenance availability and fuel efficiency.
Collaborate with other Penske sites to share best practices, leverage resources/assets, etc.
Finance. Lead the Penske Logistics Team to meet or exceed Business Plan.
Develop and execute annual financial and operating plan.
Lead the operation with integrity to meet or exceed the Business Plan targets.
Identifies issues with the operating metrics and P&L and make required adjustments in timely manner.
Ensure customer billings and associate payroll are prepared timely and accurately, the payables and intercompany charges are valid and correct, and all other activities are accurately reflected in the P&L.
Safety. Proactively lead the Penske Logistics Team to reduce accidents and injuries.
Personally lead team safety program by example.
Develop, execute and assess continuous improvement plan to reduce accident and injury frequency.
Ensure each associate understands their individual role and responsibilities, as well as the group's role and responsibilities required to achieve and maintain a safe work place.
Proactively identify and correct unsafe conditions, work processes, and behaviors.
Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 2 - 4 years related functional experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must have ability to connect and build rapport and relationships with associates and external customers at all levels
- Must have ability to work efficiently with time management and organizational skills
- Strong written/oral communication skills and the ability to actively listen are required
- Ability to manage through a problem and think and make decisions independently
- Ability to drive process improvement and lead change
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required
- Must demonstrate ownership & responsibility to run the operation with a sense of urgency
- DOT and dispatching experience preferred for dedicated contract carriage
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
Work Locations: 1440 Sheffler Drive Chambersburg, PA 17201
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Chambersburg
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain
Penske (Oracle) Job Name: Logistics/Supply Chain
Req ID: 1907879
- Penske Jobs