HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Laboratory Assistant PRN in Charleston, South Carolina
Trident Health is a 407-bed HCA hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals – Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center – as well as two free standing emergency departments – Centre Pointe Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation’s top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row.
With HCA, you’ll enjoy outstanding benefits to include:· Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage · 401k · Tuition reimbursement · Employee Stock Options · PTO … and much more!
… along with a tremendous opportunity for growth as you’ll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital organizations – ranked 63 on the Fortune 500 with 165 hospitals, and 250,000 employees.
The Laboratory Assistant assists in the technical and clerical aspects of the Laboratory department. Receives and processes all specimens into the Laboratory department. Performs phlebotomy. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: N/A
- Education: Basic reading comprehension required
- Experience: Familiarity with a hospital laboratory is desired. Medical terminology preferred.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
- Desire minimum of 6 months phlebotomy experience. Phlebotomy program certificate preferred.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer
Title: Laboratory Assistant PRN
Location: South Carolina-Charleston-Trident Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00062-20798