HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Nuclear Medicine Tech PRN in Charleston, South Carolina
/Trident Medical Center is a 313-bed major medical center providing a comprehensive range of services and specialties including a 24-hour emergency room with a Level II Trauma Center. The hospitals breadth of care options includes specialty facilities such as an award-winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Trident Medical Center offers Critical Care Services and 24/7 hospitalist and intensivist programs. For more than 40 years, Trident Medical Center has proudly served patients and families in Berkeley, Charleston and Dorchester Counties./
* Technologists are responsible to perform Nuclear Medicine examinations, with protocols as outlined by the Radiologist and Cardiologist.
* Scope of practice in nuclear medicine technology includes, but not limited to, the following areas and responsibilities: operation of nuclear medicine instrumentation; performance of diagnostic procedures, patient care, quality control, handling of radiopharmaceuticals, usage of adjunctive medications, in virto diagnostic testing, radionuclide therapy, and radiation safety.
* Other duties include, but are not limited to, clerical, scheduling, transporting, ordering supplies, inventory, cleaning, and anything deemed necessary by the medical imaging management team.
* Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor.
* Employee must have the same licensure or have completed the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student.
* Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift
/Position Requirements:/ A. Licensure/Certification/Registration: * ARRT(N) and/or NMTCB. SCRQSA Required, BLS B. Education: * Graduate of an AMA approved Nuclear Medicine Program. Nuclear Medicine Technologist may complete a one- or two year certificate program, a two year associate’s degree, or a four-year bachelor’s degree. Baccalaureate degree preferred. C. Experience: * Clinical experience is required in accordance with accredited education program. * Working experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist is preferred. Performance in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities. * Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal and external customer D. Special qualifications: Continuing education is required
Title: Nuclear Medicine Tech PRN
Location: South Carolina-Charleston-Trident Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00062-20374