Frontier Communications IT Tech Support II in CHARLESTON, West Virginia
Frontier Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: FTR) is a leader in providing communications services to urban, suburban, and rural communities in 29 states. Frontier offers a variety of services to residential customers over its fiber-optic and copper networks, including video, high-speed internet, advanced voice, and Frontier Secure® digital protection solutions. Frontier’s video offerings include Frontier FiOS® and Vantage TV by Frontier™ with 100 percent HD picture quality, Total Home DVR, instant channel change, enhanced search, Video on Demand, and much more. Business Edge™ offers communications solutions to small, medium, and enterprise businesses. More information about Frontier is available at www.frontier.com.
Responsible for the national support of all end user hardware and software issues including computer and Avaya phone issues. Responsible for solution of problems escalated from the first level support. Also responsible for managing and operating call center telephony platforms and their associated subsystems. Provide system-level support of multi-user telephony and computer (operating) systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance and support of these systems. Other duties include the tracking of problems until a solution is identified and implemented to the customer's satisfaction. Problems could include hardware issues, software issues, virus remediation, fault isolation on PCs, LAN equipment, VoIP phones, printers, communications devices and other peripherals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the day to day administration and support of the company’s laptop and desktop personal computers and peripherals.
- Tier 1 support for Corporate Call Center Avaya and VoIP related issues
- Has the ability to support executives and senior leadership and can act as a guide to junior members of the team.
- Monitor trouble tickets and prioritize problems based on business impact.
- Participation in troubleshooting, isolation, resolution and problem escalations as needed.
- Fulfillment of hardware, new hire and move requests.
- Provide support for VMware and other desktop applications.
- Maintain physical inventory of hardware and software.
- Purchase minor accessories and hardware in order to maintain existing hardware or as business needs arise
- Follow and maintain corporate and department standards and polices.
- Maintains and gains knowledge and competency in related Microsoft technologies.
- Special projects from management will be assigned out and individual tasks will be assigned and worked to resolution.
- Other duties may be assigned.
*EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE - Required *
Associate’s degree in Information Technology and minimum of four years’ experience. Candidate may also have an equivalent combination of education and experience in a multi-vendor desktop and laptop environment.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE - Preferred
Bachelor's degree in a related information technology field and five years’ experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Requires excellent customer service and organizational skills to support executives, department heads, supervisors, administrative personnel, engineers and staff.
- Moderate understanding of desktop software/hardware including printer hardware, and the subsequent implementation, support, and repair of all.
- Moderate understanding of desktop Operating Systems from Microsoft.
- Moderate understand of Operating systems and hardware from Apple.
- Basic understanding of Linux based desktop Operating Systems.
- Moderate understanding of desktop imaging technologies such as MDT, SCCM, etc.
- Moderate understanding of networking protocols, topology, and troubleshooting.
- Moderate understanding of technology such as Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, TCP/IP, LDAP, and ActiveSync.
- Moderate understanding of modern mobile technologies and their implementation in a corporate environment.
- Experience in video conference technology and support.
- Hands-on experience with Avaya and VoIP related equipment.
- Experience with data, voice and/or VoIP technologies.
- Coordinate equipment pickups for recycling.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATES / LICENSES
Microsoft certifications such as MCITP, MTA, and MCSE/MCSA.
Avaya certifications are a plus
DESIRED WORK TRAITS & SKILLS
- Must be able to work in a team environment and/or independently and also have strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- A good listener, creative, intuitive, and ability to resolve problems in potentially stressful situations
- Employee must also have the ability to write up policy, procedures, and document work environment in a clear and concise manner.
- Employee must also be able to keep up with industry trends and stay current in desktop related technology.
- Detail-oriented and well organized.
- A person who can set priorities and work on multiple tasks at the same time.
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and other Microsoft Office products.
- Employee must be able to lift 50 pounds and have the ability to move desktop hardware.
- Employee must have reliable transportation to and from work. **
- Light travel required for supporting satellite offices; employee must have the ability to provide their own transportation to and from satellite offices and transport desktop related hardware if needed.
- After hours, weekend, and holiday work may be required depending on work volume, outages, and emergency situations.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK & DECISION-MAKING RESPONSIBILITY
Diverse, non-routine duties requiring the exercise of judgment to determine action to be taken to resolve individual problems, within standard practice. (Cannot change practices/policies. Can make decisions within those practices and policies)
AUTONOMY & AUTHORITY
Objective is defined but the how is defined by broad and varying policies, procedures, rules or precedents. Employee plans and arranges own work while the supervisor provides some functional guidance. Details of accomplishing the objective are left to the position. Unusual situations are referred to supervision. Moderate accountability for some operational, fiscal or human resource activities.
Frontier Communications is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.