Bank of America Attorney- Corporate Advice in Charlotte, North Carolina
Attorney will be part of legal team providing support for Bank of America Corporation with respect to securities matters, corporate treasury activities and related corporate governance issues, including;
• Advising on securities and disclosure matters under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including review of periodic reports on Form 10-Q and annual reports on Form 10-K and preparation and/or review of current reports on Form 8-K;
• Advising senior management and various management committees, including the Disclosure Committee, on securities and disclosure issues; reviewing and updating various disclosure and SEC policies and procedures as necessary; advising management on disclosure controls and procedures as necessary;
• Advising on issues relating to transactions in Bank of America common stock, including blackout periods and Section 16 issues, including reviewing Form 4 filings;
• Advising on internal and external communications, including press releases, analyst presentations and responses to securityholders' requests for information; and
• Advising on Corporate Treasury matters, including capital markets transactions, intercompany transactions and various asset-liability management activities.
Communication with senior executives will be required from time to time. Exposure to sensitive information requires utmost adherence to confidentiality. Must use considerable discretion and judgment when interacting with senior management and staff.
Provides general legal counsel on matters supporting the Bank's strategic and corporate support activities, as well as specific advice on products, services and certain legal actions. Reviews legal contracts and documents. Directly, or through staff, conducts legal research. May represent the bank in legal actions. Individuals in this position typically have a minimum of five years of experience since admission to the Bar.
Minimum of 15 years of experience as an attorney practicing in securities law.
Active license to practice law in at least one state or the District of Columbia.
Deep understanding of the rules and regulations promulgated under the Exchange Act, Securities Act and familiariry with related accounting provisions.
Securities experience must include advising public companies on securities disclosure issues and Exchange Act reporting either as an in-house lawyer or at a nationally recognized law firm.
Candidates must demonstrate highly developed oral and written communication skills; self-starter having the capability to operate with limited oversight and to interact confidently with senior management when required. Ability to manage and direct projects and processes.
Demonstrate confidence in risk managed decision making and judgment.
Substantial experience with a nationally-recognized law firm or in-house representing a significant financial institution is desired, but not required.
Familiarity with public company accounting rules as they impact securities law analysis.
Experience advising public companies on equity and debt offerings.
Posting Date : 04/13/2018
Charlotte, NC, HEARST TOWER, 214 N TRYON ST,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.