HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Technician - Float Pool in Chattanooga, Tennessee
_Parkridge East Hospital__–__Chattanooga, TN_ Patient Care Technician - Float Pool
Shift Details:PRN | Days __ Parkridge East Hospital is a 128-bed full-service, acute care hospital serving the Chattanooga, Tennessee and northwest Georgia area. Well known as a leader in obstetrics, high-risk births and women’s services, Parkridge East also specializes in orthopedics, emergency care, inpatient & outpatient surgery and diagnostics. Parkridge East has been serving the community for over 30 years, and is your family’s partner in healthcare for every stage of life.
Our facility offers award-winning healthcare for every stage of life, delivered by highly trained professionals. The Birth Place is one of the region's premier women's centers offering the highest quality care and delivery of infants and new mothers. This includes 8 labor delivery rooms, 7 labor/triage rooms, high risk OB with a 22-bed NICU. We offer a full spectrum of services from education classes for pregnant moms to lactation consultation and support after the baby is born. Our neonatal intensive care unit for high- risk newborns provides care for the smallest premature newborn to the ill, full-term baby.
Parkridge Eastis currently looking for a Patient Care Technician to join their Float Pool Team!
Job Summary: * Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care for patient populations served inhis/her department.
aintain a safe environment
Communicate pertinent information to appropriate individuals
compassionate, holistic care, while supporting the rights and dignity of all patients
Document patient care information in the appropriate computer screens
Maintains the physical environment of the dept
- assist with ADL’s for assigned patients _ _ _Responsibilities:_
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
_Qualifications:_ * Certified Nursing Assistant or Documented PCT experience. * RN Nursing student after completion of first nursing semester or Completion of State approved CNA course. * Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, current (Obtained/maintained within time frames required by hospital policy)
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Care Technician - Float Pool
Location: Tennessee-Chattanooga-Parkridge East Hospital
Requisition ID: 01269-13888