HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Psychiatric Nurse - RN - Child and Adolescent in Chattanooga, Tennessee
_Sign On Bonus Available_
_RN – Child & Adolescent - Full Time Nights_
Are you interested in working with children or teens that may be struggling with behavioral issues? At our Parkridge Valley Child & Adolescent campus, we give you the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the children and teenagers in our inpatient hospital and residential treatment programs. Watch thisChild & Adolescent Campus Videoto learn more about what we do!
The Registered Nurse provides clinical, therapeutic, and administrative support to the child & adolescent behavioral health program.
- Demonstrates clinical knowledge of psychiatric nursing and maintains the highest quality of comprehensive patient care.
- Displays effective communication skills as evidenced by the ability to maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians and staff.
- Is able to set limits as needed by recognizing potential behavior problems and does so in a caring and consistent manner.
- Utilizes knowledge of growth and development, psychopathology, and psychosocial systems.
- Has an accurate knowledge of psycho-dynamics and therapeutic processes as demonstrated by effective intervention and resolution of problems as they occur, and communication of the processes to others.
- Displays understanding of family dynamics by responding appropriately to family members when needed.
- Participate in the initiation of master treatment plan along with other key program staff.
- Attend treatment planning meetings and conferences to participate in patient’s treatment process and progress.
- Participate in discharge planning and referrals.
- Utilizes appropriate skills in telephone etiquette when answering the telephone, making sure to record correct messages and pass along to appropriate staff, including patient inquiries.
- Demonstrates professional skills and performs the tasks needed to maintain a therapeutic milieu and optimum patient care. Learn more about us here - https://youtu.be/BVoNfMrTQK4
Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. Current Registered Nurse in the state of Tennessee. Behavioral Health experience preferred.
/Parkridge Valley//, a two-campus behavioral health facility with Parkridge Health System, has served the Chattanooga area for over 40 years, providing expertise in treating a broad range of mental health and chemical dependency issues for all ages./ / /
/Parkridge Valley Child & Adolescent Campus/ /The Parkridge Child & Adolescent Campus provides service for children and teens. Our services include short-term hospitalization for children and adolescents who require acute, structured short-term hospitalizations, and a residential program for children who are having emotional or behavioral problems and are not successful in their current environment of school or home, or for teens who have a failed history of acute inpatient hospitalization and outpatient therapy. Valley Academy, accredited by the Tennessee Department of Education, serves both regular education and special education students for our residential patients./
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Psychiatric Nurse - RN - Child and Adolescent
Location: Tennessee-Chattanooga-Parkridge Valley Hospital
Requisition ID: 00584-14250