IBM Conversational Design Strategy Leader in Chicago, Illinois
PLEASE NOTE: This position MUST be based in one of the following strategic locations: Austin, TX, Raleigh, NC or North Castle, NY; with strong preference for Austin.
Can you imagine a world where your environment customizes itself to you? As we move into the new era of Cognitive IoT, we are looking to gain 1 billion users through the consumer market.
This team will be using Design Thinking to create new opportunities in the market to become an integral part of the new consumer market. They will be considering solutions that will apply to a mass market and be outward facing. The solutions will use several streams of data to build larger ecosystems of data to help the general market with such tasks as smart hotel rooms you can talk to, voice commands in cars, building smarter homes, and several other opportunities.
We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated, inspired design strategy leader to help form a center of competency around a conversational design and skills development practice that will drive an ecosystem of voice commanded skills creation. We often involve IBM services teams and 3rd parties in our ecosystem and facilitate IBM/Partnership relationships to help build more data for use in solutions. We need to ensure these parties are enabled with our strategy and we create a closed loop communication / feedback that further extends and hardens our product solutions.
· Collaborate across IBM business units, Partners and 3rd party Integrators to establish and enable our new CoC Practice
· Clear understanding of voice interaction, content training data curation methods and the broader conversational assistant Market
· Collaborate with the offering management team to create a shared vision and then execute the process to produce the experience and design that delivers on its objectives
· Contribute to the Guidelines and Design of Voice User Interfaces
· Create enablement material to present the vision and mission of our CoC to use across various levels
· Perform analysis of real usage data to inform UX optimization of the designs and further improve our models
· Collaborate with the broader design community to develop and share the designs across our offerings in Watson IoT
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Ability to lead a cross-functional team and handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
Strong use of Design Thinking practice
Experience building a business practice and growing an ecosystem of partners
Strong user experience skill set including data-driven analytics, and a working understanding of speech and language technologies
Experience designing and releasing successful consumer voice products
Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills
Strong strategic skills in assessing business and user scenarios, approaches and deliverables
Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction or an equivalent field
3+ years’ experience in voice or multi-modal speech interfaces
Portfolio that displays impactful voice design
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Visual Design experience
Experience working directly with customers to gain feedback and better understand requirements
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.