BMO Financial Group Director, Strategic Initiatives in Chicago, Illinois
- Lead engagement with Business partners and CCBO Operations to drive technology adoption and change
- Represent the Commercial Banking CIOO and Head Commercial Banking technology in various forums
- Ensure that Program objectives are monitored and business outcomes met
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle
- Lead solution delivery in partnership with various Delivery Directors.
- Support multiple Business areas and key stakeholders for strategic initiatives
- Manage proactive user engagement at the senior level.
- Create, manage and maintain the technology strategy in support of business growth
- Identify opportunities across the organization to collaborate and share ideas across teams to improve scale and outcome. Be an enabler for increased efficiency and speed of execution
- Act as the representative of the Commercial Banking and Credit Risk Technology for US regulatory examinations
- Act as the coordination point for third-part requests in the United States
- Lead the execution of ad hoc requests
A. Execution on Strategies Priorities
Understand the NA Commercial Banking strategy. Using that strategy, execute on technology and transformation initiatives that advance the business. The implementation will involve the management of multiple initiatives or multiple tracks of initiatives.
Work closely with individual technology and operations managers in Canada and the U.S. to implement tactics that drive efficiencies and enhancements.
Maintain confidentiality on sensitive projects, while still executing on the work with a broad project team across the organization,
B. Change and Innovation
Drive change and innovation to support strategic objectives, including being a catalyst for innovative ideas and collaborating to define and resource opportunities
Approach work from a change management perspective, developing project plans that take into effect the employee experience, how to build adoption of the front line staff as well as management of that staff and how to effectively drive cultural change from the top down and bottom up.
Maintain understanding of the competitive position of the Commercial Banking businesses within the financial services industry to build appropriate tactics and keep a pace with the changing industry trends.
C. Stakeholder Engagement
Engage colleagues across the organization to execute on the optimization strategy, obtain input on objectives, drive tactic development, test approaches and launch full network initiatives effectively, in order to ensure alignment with enterprise and business direction.
Manage relationships with colleagues across the enterprise, to facilitate optimal execution speed, lower barriers, andensure high level of adoption.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or finance. Ten years’ experience preferably within the financial services sector.
Understanding of how emerging technologies can affect customer choices and business models. Passion for researching and understanding these trends is preferable.
Deep understanding of the Corporate and Commercial domain with exposure to technology
Working knowledge of risk, capital, financial domains as it relates to credit risk
Analytical Thinking (in-depth)
- Systematically breaks down multi-dimensional problems or processes into component parts. Seeks out data and analytics to make decisions, prove effectiveness of tests/pilots/initiatives, explain situations, resolve problems, and plan/forecast. Sees interrelationships among different bodies of knowledge and the implications of interactions. Has experience running projects, and developing business cases.
Business Acumen (In-Depth)
- Sees the big picture. Able to see the overall strategic intent, and how day-to-day tasks fit within and support that. Anticipates the impact of trends on the organization, the organization’s delivery approach to this market, and the customers within it. Has the ability to see the “forest” and the “trees” of a situation/strategy.
Change Leadership (In-Depth)
- Has passion for improving the customer experience. Is comfortable managing multiple tasks under aggressive timelines. Possesses strong communication and organizational skills.
Organizational Understanding (Working)
- Understands, describes and navigates existing work structures and organizational systems, and makes recommendations with a clear sense of organizational impact. Possesses knowledge of the different channels and how they are supported across the organization
Process Co-ordination and Management (In-Depth)
- Skilled in planning, coordinating, tracking, and controlling different parts of a complex process and of managing multiple parallel and interdependent processes simultaneously.
Strategic Thinking (In-Depth)
- Pulls together ideas, issues and observations into a clear and useful presentation. Organizes information to make content or concept clearer, distilling meaningful business implications. Integrates many small pieces of data into a structure that pulls them together.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
BMO Financial Group
- BMO Financial Group Jobs