Comcast Product Design Lead in Chicago, Illinois
FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, comprised of FreeWheel Publishers, FreeWheel Markets, and FreeWheel Advertisers empowers all segments of The New TV Ecosystem. We are structured to provide the full breadth of solutions the advertising industry needs to achieve their goals. We power the technology, data enablement, and convergent marketplaces required to ensure buyers and sellers can transact across all screens, across all data types, and all sales channels, in order to ensure the ultimate goal results for marketers. With offices in New York, San Francisco, Chicago, London, Paris, Beijing, and across the globe, FreeWheel, A Comcast Company, stands to advocate for the entire industry through the FreeWheel Council for Premium Video.
PRODUCT DESIGN LEAD
Media consumption is increasingly fluid across channels and our platform needs to make sense of how to allocate spend, track return-on-ad spend and re-aggregate audiences to find a brand's target audience. We need help breaking this problem down and creating something that provides true value to our users.
Alongside this, as we look to build our design system, we need a leader to help instill a design culture in our business and ensure a holistic user experience across our products. This is a critical role in achieving the goal of Freewheel Advertisers to unify our existing offerings, reduce complexity and provide tools that our customers enjoy using.
- Lead team of designers to ensure consistent and effective user experience across products
- Oversee the execution of operating milestones for the company's design initiative and direct the efforts of the design system including its adoption companywide
- Integrate into the product development process and work with your team to translate our business goals into elegant and intuitive solutions that solve real problems.
- Effectively communicate your ideas and designs by creating prototypes, and employing whatever other tools are necessary to convey the message.
- Conduct research to understand the true nature of the problem that our users and the market are telling us about
- Manage design roadmap across teams
- Other duties as assigned
Job Knowledge, skills and abilities and Other (KSAO's)
- Ability to think analytically and conceptually
- Rich experience in creating user flows, storyboards, wireframes and prototyping
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Up to date on industry standards, UI trends, and web technologies
- Knowledge of Sketch and inVision. Experience in other tools is fine, but these are the ones we use.
- Team or program management experience
The Product Designer will have indirect reports and will lead the team's roadmap prioritization effort with input from product and technical leads.
Working conditi ons
Working conditions are in agreement with conditions described within the company handbook unless explicitly noted in this document.
- Role requires some travel to Client locations and to internal Freewheel meetings
- Ability to work independently from home or/and Freewhel office with hours agreed upon by their manager.
Minimum qualifications and requirements
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 of work related experience
- 5 years of experience in a product-related role, with 3 years of experience in design for web apps backed up by a strong portfolio
The following experience is a plus:
- Some visual design experience is a bonus but not required
- Experience working in an agile product development environment
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer