BMO Financial Group Senior IT Audit Manager in Chicago, Illinois
The Senior Audit Manager is responsible for conducting audit engagements which critically assess management and internal control processes. This responsibility includes assisting with determining the nature, scope, extent, and timing of assigned audits, and leading effective audit execution and reporting.
Support Corporate Audit leadership in management of a strong internal audit practice, demonstrating a high performance culture which embeds Company principles.
Through audit work, identify and evaluate the impact of new and emerging technology and technology risk on the organization’s processes and control environment
Contribute through direct actions to the Division’s stature and independence within the Enterprise.
Assist staff in the management of their careers and realization of their professional goals.
Proactively identify changing strategies, tactics, risks and initiatives continuously following the appropriate audit and investigative services with the appropriate focus.
Meet with key client management periodically to identify changing tactics, initiatives and consider and advise in the implications for the nature and intended timing of audit plans and procedures.
- Execute audits in full recognition of the risks of the client group which encompass the inherent risks, control risks and internal/external environment and regulatory risks. This may encompass individual audits and broad “end to end” audits of Enterprise level functions/processes.
Provide input to the Director and Assistant Chief Auditor in the development of an annual audit plan which is well aligned to client strategies and tactical.
Provide fair and balanced insights into current, emerging and potential issues, trends and opportunities that will enhance efficiency and effectiveness of management and control processes.
Support the Director in the development of audit reports which provide a fair and balanced assessment of management and control processes based upon critical assessment of the effectiveness of management and internal control processes. Such reports will be clear, concise and timely in their delivery, being seen by readers to be an objective assessment of management/control processes.
- Support the Director in the development and review with clients of periodic summary reports, providing insights which relay information and learnings from audit and other Division information resources, related communications, market insights and research and regulatory learnings which will assist client groups in evaluating their strategies, tactics and risks and providing a basis to adjust where appropriate.
- Support the Director in the development of specific and, where appropriate, broad communications which identify, revenue and cost management opportunities for business units/groups which will assist in achieving their business goals including profitability.
- Demonstrate good judgment within assigned audit engagements. Support the Director in critically evaluating client business strategies, policy and standards providing meaningful insights based upon knowledge and research which will continue to improve the Enterprise management and control processes.
- Develop and maintain strong working relations with key clients at the senior management levels.
- Provide timely and insightful support to Directors, Assistant Chief Auditors and Chief Auditor in the preparations of Audit Committee reports including state of current management activities, potential and emerging issues, and areas of potential focus.
Develop and maintain strong working relationships with managers in corporate areas that offer valuable interaction exchange opportunities that can enhance audit execution and alignment with their strategies/tactics.
Drive positive change in the Enterprise based upon high quality work, thoughtful in its preparation and direction.
Maintain a strong level of knowledge of the industry of the client group, including the regulatory and technological environment.
- Ensure that audits for which the role is responsible are conducted effectively and efficiently to the high standards set out by the Division, outcomes of which are confirmed through the Division’s Quality Assurance Program and/or regulatory examination results.
- Ensure that the work of subordinates is professional, consistent, and well executed in accordance with the standards set out by the Division and that their judgments are sound, well documented and repeatable.
- Ensure open and effective lines of communication are maintained with the client management/representatives throughout the audit process from initial planning to report distribution and follow-up. Clients should feel engaged, well informed and satisfied that their views of risk have been considered. Clients should not be “surprised”.
Efficiently define and execute projects as may be assigned supporting the Division and/or leading to a client-based report.
Lead a workforce that is knowledgeable about our business and specialized within their audit field, understanding the external market, thinking about the efficiency and effectiveness of management and control processes, being seen as highly credible and using their ingenuity to add value.
When supervising staff, direct staff in a manner consistent with the goals/objectives of the Division and the Enterprise, contributing to the Division’s culture.
- Provide periodic assessment of performance of all staff for which they are responsible. Recognize the appropriate value of timing of rewards.
- Support continual focus on maintaining a high performing work team consistent with a “strong” audit function through coaching and interaction with staff.
- Continue to advance the capabilities of assigned staff.
- Be and be seen as a knowledge “go to” person in business, client and audit technical matters keeping current on new thinking/practices.
Effectively manage conflict when it arises with clients and with colleagues and staff.
Continually advance the professional practice.
Support the Director and Assistant Chief Auditor in maintaining an effective center of competency, which is the central point of reference on a specific subject area. This will ensure that programs are maintained which are practical and aligned to the Division’s needs related to the competency.
- Support advancement of the Division’s overall functioning by ensuring that practices and methodology applications are maintained at the high quality level expected of a strong internal audit practice.
Strong knowledge of IT audit technical competencies, specifically, IT systems/applications testing (interface, security, input/output controls etc) and review, and IT project management audit.
Strong financial institutional (banking, insurance) knowledge and relevant work experience
Undergraduate degree or equivalent with 7-10 years of direct relevant experience in a mid to large size audit function or business/corporate function.
Professional or business certification is required (eg. CISA, CISSP, etc.)
High level of knowledge of information technology, internal controls, and risk assessment competencies.
Good knowledge of trends and best practices in technology-related internal controls and business.
Graduate degree is desirable
Strong interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills.
High level of planning and organizing skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
Working level leadership and managerial skills.
Working level negotiation, influencing and conflict resolution skills.
Strong analytical and system thinking skills.
Strategic and tactical thinking capabilities.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
BMO Financial Group
- BMO Financial Group Jobs