Hilton Server in Chicago, Illinois
The Lockwood Restaurant & Bar located inside the Palmer House® A Hilton Hotel has 140 years of experience, winning over downtown Chicago travelers with award-winning service. Set in the theater and financial district, this landmark hotel is close to well-known attractions.
If you believe that a friendly smile and hospitality are your greatest strengths, we want to talk to you. We are seeking highly motivated people to join our Food & Beverage Team!
Full Time schedules working 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m., 3:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m., 4:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. or 5:00 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. Weekends and holidays required. *House may vary based on business needs.*
Starting pay is $7.70 per hour tips
APPLY RIGHT NOW! (It only takes a couple of minutes, use your phone) and a Hilton recruiter will be in touch.
What will I be doing?
A Server with the Lockwood Restaurant & Bar, is responsible for the service of food and beverage to include taking orders, and the delivery of food and beverage inclusive of table maintenance utilizing a team service approach, and these tasks to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Check station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness. Set up dining tables following all table setting guidelines and procedures. Handle respective side stations and work area as outlined in side work chart. General maintenance of stocking stations with necessary items including polished glassware, dishware, and tableware.
- Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner. Explain all menu items, any specials and/or restaurant promotions, inclusive of proper following of sequence of service standards. Serve bread, coffee, water, and beverages.
- Write the details of the guest order, repeating the order to the guest to check for accuracy. Input the order properly into the P.O.S. system and inform the kitchen of any particulars of the order.
- When complete, retrieve order from kitchen, confirm its accuracy, lift and deliver to guest along with appropriate condiments.
- Replenish beverages and clear dishes as necessary. Check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Market and serve upon request any dessert items or specialty coffees. Knowledgeable of all wines/beers/alcohol offered by the restaurant. Abide by all State, Federal and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to servicing alcoholic beverages to minor and intoxicated guests.
- Retrieve various forms of payment from guests, make change when needed. Verify validity of charges, record charges and ensure vouchers are properly executed in order to balance all money.
- Keep service stations clean and organized inclusive of breaking down all dishes in proper tubs and removing trash. Complete all necessary closing paperwork and all sidework duties.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Requisition ID: HOT04ZG1