Marsh & McLennan Project Assistant in Chichester, United Kingdom
Reporting into the Senior Project Manager working with teams in various UK locations, this role will responsible for assisting and supporting our Project Managers on a range of projects that relate to implementing a new Pension scheme into organisations. The Wealth division of our business has shown steady growth. As our brand is reputable in the market place, this has created opportunity for us to attract new business, without losing focus on our current clients which is why we’ve designed this new position to join the team.
Therefore, we require a strong Project Assistant who has the aspiration to develop their career path as a Project Manager. Whatever the project is, it will be versatile, interesting and varied. The duration of the projects could range from 3 – 6 months and could require some travel across the UK.
Responsibilities of this role are as follows:
• Actively assist managing a project plan throughout the project lifecycle
• Updating project plans to ensure we are meeting our deadlines
• Being the conduit communicator between the project manager and other internal teams
• Running fee reports and collating project budget information
• Creating agendas and developing presentations for us to deliver to clients (with the support of the team)
• Identifying any risks the project may face
Here at Mercer, we recognize the need to balance work and personal commitment. At Mercer we believe all roles can flex. Please speak to us about all available working options.
Skills and experience:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Previous experience/exposure to working on an end-to-end project
• Pensions experience/knowledge
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent planning, time management and organisational skills
• Ability to take responsibility for the quality of their own work, using their initiative to achieve the required results
Benefits of working with us:
At Mercer, we offer a range of benefits and rewards (some of which are listed below) in exchange for your willingness to learn, interest in pensions, project management and to progress within the team.
Interested? Please apply online by submitting your resume and a brief cover letter stating what attracts you to this role.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.