CRST International Tow Truck Driver in Chino, California
Gardner Trucking is currently hiring Tow Truck Operators for multiple shifts at our Chino, CA location.
Job Description: Tow Truck Driver will work with our Vehicle Response Team (VRT) to tow equipment from our operations team to the nearest company shop or to a vendors shop. All assignments will be given to the drivers from our VRT department.
- Communication with a dispatcher and driving to the scene of an accident or breakdown.
- Connecting broken down vehicles to tow truck and transporting them back to shop.
- Use of chains, winch, steering locks, and other devices as well as affixing lights onto the towed vehicle.
- Interact with internal customers and speaking to them about their truck problems, potentially diagnosing the cause and providing necessary assistance.
- Good communication and need to have a basic knowledge of Heavy Duty trucks and their parts.
- Perform small repairs on the scene of a breakdown such as reconnecting parts, or jumpstarting the truck.
- Write up calls and document in our onboard computer system.
Experience, Qualifications, and Education:
- 12 Months experience in a related field required
- HS Diploma or GED required
- CDL Class A - Valid Drivers License
- Ability to use computer or tablet
- Entry level mechanical knowledge
Offers are contingent upon successful completion of a Pre Employment Drug Screen and Background Check. Subject to Random DOT drug screens.
Gardner Trucking, Inc. is an EOE
To apply, please email: JGlazier@CRST.com
Location: Chino, California
Employment duration: Full time