CRST International Fleet Manager in Cincinnati, Ohio
BESL Transfer Co. is seeking an operationally focused and self motivated Fleet Manager to be located in our Cincinnati, OH office
*Job Summary: *TheFleet Manager is responsible for supervision of daily driver activities and assigned equipment. This includes dispatching freight, load building, customer service, counseling drivers on safety compliance and policy issues, payroll and billing, safety management, and other related activities. Also responsible for support and oversight of assigned agent activity, broker carrier setup , and direct customer management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a group of owner operators to ensure high delivery of customer service and fleet profitability.
- Perform all aspects of dedicated customer service including, load booking,tracking, and service failure resolution.
- Manage daily planning of equipment and drivers while ensuring high utilization.
- Act as liaison between the agents, customers, drivers, and internal departments.
- Develop relationships with drivers to improve driver performance and encourage retention.
- Authorize pay related items.
- Ensure safety procedures are followed , and drivers are in compliance with safety requirements.
- Help create and manage customized Key Parameter Indicators (KPI) to help ensure goal attainment.
- Provide support to agency network including training and development.
- Solicit business from existing direct accounts
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- 6-12 months of previous experience in a related field preferred
- High school diploma or GED required and a degree in a related field preferred
- Previous management experience required and ability to coach others needed
- Basic computer skills required
- Communication skills are essential
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
CRST is an EOE
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Employment duration: Full time