KeyBank Lead Specialist (Lockbox Department) in Cincinnati, Ohio
Lead Specialist (Lockbox Department)inCincinnati, OHatKey Bank- Corporate
Date Posted: 10/21/2019
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: 895 Central Avenue Cincinnati, OH
Job Type: Banking
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 10/21/2019
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, KeyCorp (Key) is one of the nation s largest financial services companies. Key provides investment management, retail and commercial banking, consumer finance and investment banking products to individuals and companies throughout the United States and, for certain businesses, internationally.
Our goal is to be the best regional bank in the U.S. What that means is we put our clients needs first and take a customized approach to meeting those needs. At Key we ve made a promise to our clients that they will always have a champion in us. To deliver on that promise, we re committed to building a team of engaged employees who do the right thing for our clients and help them achieve their financial goals each and every day.
Please note that the position is on 3rd shift. Typical work schedule will be Sunday - Thursday 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m. and/or until completion of work.
Under supervision, accelerates the receipt and processing of client remittance data, preparation and processing of checks. Prepares information for clients and service partners according to specified department procedures and instructions. Supports production associates.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Supports leadership and production in various functions and responsibilities, including processing remittances and invoice data, image capture, and all other non-production activities as required. Other duties as assigned.
• Primary focus is on moderate execution within defined parameters with some expansion to complex issues based on development. Roles at this level are responsible for moderate operational and/or administrative work
• Administering moderate procedures, analysis, tasks and reporting while receiving limited instructions for filing, recording, processing, servicing, recording, and/or organization of documentation associated with a product or process
• Reviews and ensures proper documentation or procedures are used for moderate activities
• Identifies and resolves moderate issues by following established guidelines. Refers more complex problems to Senior level or supervisor. May provides service in relation moderate complex billing inquiries, service requests, suggestions and complaints from customers
• Individual at this level is expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to supervisors or other experts. while contributing to work flow or process change and redesign, and to form a strong basic understanding of the specific product or process
• Accountable for regular reporting and analysis requests
• Typically covers a broad range of responsibilities rather than focusing on one specific role.
• Recommends and implements programs to solve routine issues
• Is fully proficient in duties while working under moderate to limited supervision.
• Other duties as assigned
MARGINAL OR PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS
Mail Sort - Packaging - Check cutters - Workflow
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Requires the ability to read and follow instructions.
Eye-hand coordination, manual dexterity and the ability to operate general office equipment is critical.
Excellent 10-key and typing skills.
Ability to stand/ walk for long periods of time.
Flexible, able to work additional hours as needed.
Ability to work Sunday - Thursday 10:00 p.m. - 6:30 a.m. and/or until completion of work.
Required and/or Preferred Qualifications
• Typically 1-3 years of experience in operations role
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent. College degree preferred
• Works well with others in a fully developed work team environment
• Open minded and adaptable to new ideas in a changing environment
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proven excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Analytical, research and problem resolution skills
• Proficient in 10-Key, able to perform with a high degree of speed and accuracy.
• Comfortable navigating multiple computer systems and applications
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Intermediate understanding of banking policies, procedures, government regulations
• Proven ability to handle all monetary/ processing functions independently
• Ability to perform moderate scheduled and non-scheduled maintenance functions
• Proven ability to handle high transaction volumes accurately
• Ability to meet production goals
• Proven ability to handle all customer service inquires and diffuse difficult customer situations independently
• May train or assist in training new staff
• Ability to work with minimal supervision in decision making
• Exceptional attention to detail.
Please note that a sorting assessment and a data entry assessment may be administered as part of the interview process for this position.
Prior lockbox or equivalent production experience. Can effectively cope with change; is cool under pressure; can handle stress; is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients. Ability to lift up to 55 pounds.
Moderate knowledge/experience in multiple payment delivery channels; OLDS, Lockbox, ACH, wires
Moderate knowledge of banking policies, procedures and governmental regulations
Requires working in a high production, deadline oriented environment. Follows established corporate and department policies and procedures. Meets deadlines, demonstrates adaptability and detail orientation, shows work commitment, and manages stress. Prioritizes work, focuses effectively. Seeks and accepts feedback. Drives results. Cross-trains. Understands department policies and procedures. Consistently demonstrates the Key Values of Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, and Leadership.
EQUIPMENT USED/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Check and document imaging equipment - (ITran-Opex-IBML) PC - phone - general office equipment - mail carts - tubs - automated check extraction equipment - check cutters - envelope slicer - Ability to lift 55 lbs
Lockbox training via My Learning Center. On the job training as necessary. RemitTrac.
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.