HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Access Manager Conroe in Conroe, Texas
Job Summary – The Patient Access Manager is responsible for assisting the Director in daily operations of all Patient Access functions and serves as the liaison between the Shared Service Center (SSC) and the facility. The Patient Access Manager integrates the department’s services with the hospital’s primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. As a facility based leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and may participate in the selection of outside services They serve as a key promoter of the SSC, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
Supervisor – Patient Access Director
Supervises – Facility-based Patient Access Supervisors, Team Lead(s) and staff
Duties (included but not limited to):
• Perform patient registration function when needed to ensure wait times are kept to a minimum
• Model AIDET guidelines in all interactions with the patient and ensure staff are adhering to the patient experience expectations.
• Ensure QA on registrations for all areas of Registration
• Provide continuous training for and communicates changes to existing employees
• Prepare payroll and completes monthly work schedules as needed to ensure adequate staffing levels
• Follow-up on patient complaints promptly
• Implement and promote excellent customer service
• Work closely and professionally with outside agencies on special projects developed by the corporate office
• Interview, hire, evaluate, and counsel Patient Access staff members
• Perform evaluations in a timely manner
• Train new employees in all aspects of their assigned job
• Supervise and maintain the productivity of employees
• Review the quality of patient registration documents on a daily basis
• Process all paperwork in a timely manner
• Work closely with fellow managers to ensure all procedures regarding patient accounts are completed in a thorough and timely manner
• Complete monthly reports for the Director
• Responsible for Dept. Operations Report, FTEs and Operating budgets
• Staff and order supplies according to budget guidelines and department needs
• Ensure all Patient Access personnel policies are followed
• Ensure all Patient Access Policies and Procedures are adhered to
• Effectively manage and direct all areas of registration to ensure quality, productivity, and customer service
• Maintain a clean MPI on Meditech and works closely with HIM on a daily basis
• Maintain QA statistics and reports
• Monitor and maintain Daily Preservice Log, BILL45, and Alpha Census according to established SSC standards. If daily reports are worked by a centralized unit, the manager is responsible for working with the reports unit to ensure accounts are worked timely.
• Act in the capacity of Director in his/her absence
• Contribute to A/R goals for patient registration
• Conduct monthly staff meetings and in-services for all responsible areas
• Work closely with Market Financial Coordinator for updates and testing for HIS Systems.
• Assume on-call responsibilities to ensure adequate staff and problem solving
• Update collection system and requests rebill if appropriate
• Work closely and professionally with Nursing and Ancillary Departments in an effort to maintain teamwork approach
• Determines staff qualifications and competence. Develops and maintains accurate initial and annual competency checklists, and initiates completion of initial and annual competency attestation forms.
• Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care of the services delivered.
• Attends in-service presentations, and complete mandatory education including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA Standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
• Functional Standards Adherence
• Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement"
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately. The ability to communicate with staff, Parallon Management, Division, Facility and Group Executives
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and processes
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field required.
Minimum three years’ experience in related area with two of these years being healthcare management experience OR completion of the Parallon Manager Trainee Program.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Patient Access Manager Conroe
Location: Texas-Conroe-Conroe Regional Medical Center - Conroe
Requisition ID: 08948-143165