HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Sitter in Conroe, Texas
*_Conroe Regional Medical Center – Conroe, TX
_Shift: PRN Days or Nights_
Conroe Regional Medical Center,where high-quality care meets the comfort and convenience of a hospital close to home. We have been meeting the healthcare needs of the Montgomery County region for more than 75 years.
As a regional, tertiary referral center, other hospitals rely on us when a higher level of care is necessary. We have 342 beds, 1,200 employees, more than 400 physicians on staff, and the resources of the largest healthcare provider in the nation - HCA.
Conroe Regional Medical Center has achieved recognition as a Certified Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and designation as a Level III Trauma facility. CRMC also has a Level III Neonatal ICU for the most vulnerable patients.
Conroe Regional Medical Centeris currently looking for aPatient Sitter.__
The Patient Sitter is responsible for providing one to one observation of a patient, working in controlled and/or uncontrolled patient care situations.
- The sitter reports to the Charge Nurse on arrival to the unit.
- Must remain with the patient at all times unless there is relief.
- Report off to a Licensed Nurse, responsible for the patient prior to leaving your duties for the shift.
- Sitters may have reading material while on duty, but it must not interfere with their duties to observe the patient.
- Assist Nursing staff in provision of required feeding, positioning, elimination needs, or mobility.
- If a CNA is provided as a sitter, routine ADL’s and vital signs are to be done for their shift.
- Notify the staff immediately of any changes in the patient’s condition or needs for assistance.
- Sit in an unobstructed view of the patient.
- Accompany patients off unit to tests. Remain in at least one arm’s length from patient while off unit.
- Possible may be required to sit with two patients in one room. The sitter must position self to maintain an unobstructed view of both patients. Additional staff will assist when performing tasks such as ambulating one patient, so the other patient is monitored.
- If the patient is restrained, only the Licensed Nurse will remove or adjust restraints.
- Will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- BLS certified with the American Heart Association for the Healthcare Provider, required.
- Previous patient care experience, preferred.
- CNA certification with the State of Texas, preferred.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Patient Sitter
Location: Texas-Conroe-Conroe Regional Medical Center - Conroe
Requisition ID: 06437-97315