HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgical Technician - Operating Room in Conroe, Texas
_Conroe Regional Medical Center – Conroe, TX_
_Surgical Technician - Operating Room_
Conroe Regional Medical Center, where high-quality care meets the comfort and convenience of a hospital close to home. We have been meeting the healthcare needs of the Montgomery County region for more than 75 years.
As a regional, tertiary referral center, other hospitals rely on us when a higher level of care is necessary. We have 342 beds, 1,200 employees, more than 400 physicians on staff, and the resources of the largest healthcare provider in the nation - HCA.
Conroe Regional Medical Center has achieved recognition as a Certified Primary Stroke Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, and designation as a Level II Trauma facility. CRMC also has a Level III Neonatal ICU for the most vulnerable patients.
Conroe Regional Medical Centeris currently looking for aSurgical Technician - Operating Room.
- The Operating Room Surgical Scrub Technician working in this position assures a safe and therapeutic environment for infants, children, adolescents, adults, and geriatric patients undergoing surgical procedures. Responsible for implementing and evaluating the care for assigned patients.
- Responsible for meeting AORN Standards of Practice for the Operating Room.
- Responsible for participating in care. Appropriately carries out scrub activities during procedures to ensure medical and surgical asepsis and safety of patient.
- Assists in cleaning of rooms between cases and at the end of the schedule.
- Assists in lifting and transporting patients, as needed. Assists in preparation of specimens, operation of equipment, and sterilization and/or disinfection of equipment.
- Assists in preparation and aftercare of equipment and supplies. Maintains supplies as needed.
- Accountable for maintaining and improving own job knowledge and skills.
- Works closely with professional and non-professional employees of the hospital, and with physicians, patients, and their families.
Education: * * LVN Current Texas Licensure with State Board of Nurse Examiners or * CST licensure through NBSTSA or NCCT unless being grandfathered (employed before September 1, 2009 as a Surgical Technologist). * Graduate of an accredited institution (CAAHEP or ABHES) or complete a training program through one of the branches of the armed forces unless being grandfathered (employed before September 1, 2009 as a Surgical Technologist). *Certifications: * Current CPR certification
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Surgical Technician - Operating Room
Location: Texas-Conroe-Conroe Regional Medical Center - Conroe
Requisition ID: 06437-89994