Frontier Communications Customer Service Technician in COOKEVILLE, Tennessee
Job Opening ID: 702 INTERNAL POST DATES: 4/17/18 - 4/23/18*JobTitle: Customer Service Technician -Schedule 2 Location: Cookeville, TN*
(Combination of Construction, Cable and I/R)
- Follows established safety practices and procedures.
- Proper phone etiquette.
- First priority is to ensure excellent customer service is consistently provided to all customers, both internal and external.
- Ability to work with customers, peers, and supervisor patiently, tactfully, and efficiently.
- Maintain a professional image in presentation and appearance at all times.
- Ability to interact with a team to achieve business goals.
- Interact with other centers to attain company service objectives.
- Ability to learn new skills/procedures and adapt to changes in routine.
- Must be able to learn new technologies.
- Must be able to install and repair all special circuits, xDSL, full data circuits and FX lines.
- Must be able to use a computer (laptop), show that you can log on, log off, use windows, and get job assignments, sign off jobs, and do timesheets using Company provided programs with Company provided training by the end of the qualifying period.
- Perform technical work locating and marking underground facilities using engineering maps, contractor’s blueprints and electronic locating equipment.
- Locates pedestals, common trenches and manholes as necessary to confirm locations
- Maintain and construct all outside plant to meet quality standards and Company practices.
- Attend and pass training schools as assigned by the Company
- Assist in coordinating system installation and cutover schedules.
- Assist customers with product descriptions, interpretations and training; promote service and equipment and product sales on premise visits.
- Install and maintain Centrex, data modems and related equipment, XDSL, etc.
- Assist with site surveys and engineering installation specifications for direct sales applications.
- Provide information to complete subscriber trouble reports and service orders.
- Maintain the efficient operations, appearance, and records of assigned vehicle and equipment; maintain tools, test sets and safety equipment.
- Must perform telephone installation and repair, meeting quality standards and Company practices including business and paystations.
- Must be able to work when needed and in all types of weather.
- Must be able to work under pressure, handle stress and follow directions.
- Must perform cable splicing on construction, maintenance, and repair on all types of cable to include; aerial, buried, underground, plastic, lead, and fiber to meet quality standards and Company practices.
- Must be able to work from cable schematics and engineering drawings.
Must be physically able to perform duties of the job to include:
- Lifting tools and ladders.
- Climbing ladders and poles (using climbers hooks).
- Work from a bucket.
- Work in confined spaces.
- Handle all necessary materials and supplies.
- Maintain and construct all outside plant to meet quality standards and Company practices
- Must possess ability to learn to drive and operate digger truck and trailer.
- Must be able to obtain the required CDL drivers license by the end of their qualifying period.
An individual's performance, training and education will all be considered for this position but a candidate must have at least the qualifications listed herein to be considered for the position.
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be physically fit to perform job (must be able to lift 70 lbs).
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to perceive differences in wire and cable colors.
- Must have an understanding of basic electricity shown by passing a Company basic electricity/electronics and digital fundamentals test or a certificate from an outside agency which is acceptable to the Company.
- Must be able to work shifts, days, nights, evenings (depending on tour selection) and work overtime and emergency call outs as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Digital fundamentals and/or electronic/electrical training, communications training, or equivalent trade experience preferred.
- Install and maintain inside wire for residential/business services
- Utilizes special test equipment to test for and locate cable trouble
- Develops test packages for cable/fiber repair for engineering
- Support and participate in promotion of company products (i.e. Take the Lead)
- Must be able to install and repair subscriber carrier, HIS, special circuits, full data and FX meeting quality standards and company practices
Frontier is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information please visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm