Brinks Director, Device Technology in Coppell, Texas
Director, Device Technology
Requisition #:29955Location:Coppell TX - B0272
Functional Area:Information TechnologyEducation Required:Bachelors Degree
Position Type:Relocation Provided:Potential
Experience Required:3 - 5 Years
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Director of Device Technology.
The Director, Device Technology, Brink’s Box Device Suite, will be responsible for the delivery of technology solutions that support the development, launch and deployment of the Brink’s Box suite of services. This position will work closely with the Global Product, Transformation and Technology Teams to deliver on product innovation and proof of concept activities, prepare solutions for production deployment. Additionally, this role will partner closely with the Device Technology, Architecture and Production Services, to insure seamless transition of solutions to production.
This position will have the ability to understand technical trends, support the development and realization of a device roadmap, and have the capability to identify technical trends and innovation to support the device roadmap, to include the technical challenges or requirements to achieve desired results.
• Lead product development process, guiding projects through the stage gates from study to concept
• Organize, lead meetings for updating status, discussing project scopes, reviewing product strategies.
• Direct the development and execution of the product roadmap
• Lead efforts of and assist the engineering team to deliver high quality product features with aggressive timelines
• Ensure requirements are adequately defined from the functional and technical perspective
• Define QA team processes and define a comprehensive acceptance criteria
• Lead and collaborate with the technical and development teams to ensure new technology innovations are appropriately prioritized and worked into the schedule
• In alignment to the Product Stage Gate process, introduce and direct a cohesive product development lifecycle from inception throughout design, engineering, testing and deployment
• Ensure thorough product documentation
• Lead the deployment of solutions with customers, insuring all tasks required to integrate and deploy the solution successfully are planned and executed
• Ensure the seamless transition of new device solutions to production support and management
• Bachelor's degree in related field of study
• 3 to 5 years of experience with device and/or POS systems and solutions
• 3 to 5 years of experience with solution design and systems integration
• 3 to 5 years of experience with product development support and leadership
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
• Deep understanding of underlying technologies, including technical experience in the development of APIs, Web apps, and Mobile Apps
• Familiar with enterprise software development
• Ability to prioritize effectively and dynamically
• Some working experience with agile methodologies
• Comfortable with leading a team towards a common goal
• Skillful with project management practices
• Distinctive problem solving and analytical skills
• Solid business acumen to understand business problems and devise technical solutions
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top