Brinks IT Business Analyst in Coppell, Texas
IT Business Analyst
Requisition #:27721Location:Coppell TX - B0272
Functional Area:Information TechnologyEducation Required:Bachelors Degree
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:5 - 7 Years
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for an IT Business Analyst.
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for assisting customers with defining and articulating requirements that can then be translated into overall project requirements. This position serves as the liaison between the system users and the development team to help design and develop applications.
• Facilitate and document the interactive system requirement sessions to capture business rules, workflow, project goals, and project benefits
• Confer with personnel of organizational units involved to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems and learn specific input and output requirements
• Write detailed description of user needs and program functions using an appropriate combination of Narrative, Use Cases, Wireframes and Flowcharts, translating business requirements to IT functional specifications
• Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify in detail operations to be performed by equipment and computer programs and operations to be performed by personnel in system
• Plan and prepare reports and memoranda as documentation of program development
• Provide assistance as required to organizations outside of the company (vendors, customers) to develop/improve automation that crosses company boundaries
• Maintain an effective user-support relationship
• Perform black box, integration and regression testing of the additional module / applications developed as needed
• Conduct training sessions to users as required
• Perform other duties as assigned or necessary
• Minimum of 5 years of experience as an IT Business Analyst
• Minimum of 2 years of experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Visio, Word, Project, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in providing business analysis for financial and human resource systems
• 2 years Customer Service and/or Product Support experience
• Experience in areas of process improvement
• Experience working in Service Management roles or positions
• Experience performing complex queries against database systems to assist in requirements or defect analysis
• Experience performing design activities such documenting data mappings and design approach
• Experience as an IT Business Analyst in a logistics company
• Working knowledge of relational database concepts
• Project Management skills, coordinating projects from idea to closure
• ITIL, Lean or Six Sigma Certification preferred
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent understanding of business objectives and goals
• Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently with limited supervision
• Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top