Brinks Senior Payroll Analyst in Coppell, Texas
Senior Payroll Analyst
Requisition #:35046Location:Coppell TX - B0272
Functional Area:Human ResourcesEducation Required:Bachelors Degree
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:3 - 5 Years
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Senior Payroll Accountant.
Under the direction of the Director of Payroll, the Senior Payroll Accountant is primarily responsible for Payroll and General Ledger transactions. This position is also responsible for monthly reporting including payroll analysis, balance sheet reconciliations and participation in the month end close process as well as performing other accounting functions and projects as defined.
• Serve as primary contact for all Payroll accounting related inquiries
• Prepares monthly journal entries as assigned, performs month-end closing
• Reconcile payroll general ledger accounts monthly
• Identify, record and reconcile accrued liabilities, salaries, bonuses, commissions and benefit expense accounts
• Analyze pay data and accurately prepare and record payroll journal entries
• Assist with annual payroll audit
• Review balance sheet and income statement for accuracy
• Perform general accounting responsibilities including but not limited to reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts, preparation of journal entries, research and documentation of processes and procedures, resolving questions related to general ledger activity, ad-hoc analysis and other tasks as assigned.
• Be heavily involved with Month End Close including variance explanations on actual vs budget and month over month as well as preparation of any necessary journal entries.
• Prepare monthly reconciliations
• Perform Month, Quarter and Year-end close processes as assigned.
• Assist in preparation of schedules, analysis and support data for Audit, Tax and other reporting deliverables.
• Act as lead for audits.
• Develop and recommend process improvements that leverage technology and maximize overall efficiency maintaining proper internal controls.
• Research issues as required for assigned task(s), resolve routine concerns and escalate necessary problems timely.
• Assist in preparation and gain experience in communication of presentations to management.
• Apply specialized accounting rules within functional areas of responsibility.
• Perform complex accounting and financial functions within a payroll function; verify, reconcile and balance financial transactions.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum 4 years accounting experience
• In-depth knowledge of Excel Pivot Tables and V-lookup data retrieval methods
• Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism, integrity and confidentiality
• Knowledge of General Ledger accounting
2-5 years of experience working in a high volume payroll environment
• Knowledge of W-2 reconciliation
• Experience with PeopleSoft and ADP
• Experience with Oracle EBS and Workday a plus
• Previous payroll accounting experience
• Ability to collaborate effectively with accounting/finance team members across the organization
• Must be a self-starter able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize and accomplish work
• Above average ability to organize, manage time and set priorities while meeting deadlines
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top