IBM Devops Engineer - Security Intelligence in CORK, Ireland
The global cost of cyber-crime is expected to reach over 2 trillion dollars by 2019. At IBM Security, our mission is to protect our clients from various attacks including malware, identity thief, fraud etc. IBM® Security delivers an integrated system of analytics, real-time defenses and proven experts, so come make a difference & build a career
What is your job?
As a member of the QRadar Software Development Team, you will be responsible for maintaining and extending the capabilities of IBM's QRadar Cloud offerings. You will be expected to demonstrate solid conceptual and technical skills as you develop, implement, and eventually help to run core infrastructure components to back IBM Security’s cloud portfolio of products
• You will work with product owners to implement new components, and new features in existing components
• You will help your team find and resolve technical debt using agile development practices
• You will help your team support and run your services in production in a DevOps-oriented fashion
• You will with other products and teams in the IBM Security division to help them utilize and develop against the platform components you build.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience in agile software development methodologies
• Experience developing micro-services based platforms based on RESTful APIs
• 3+ years of professional experience developing in Java
• 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Python / Shell Scripting / Perl
• Experience developing in a service-oriented Cloud environment, such as Amazon AWS, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or others
• Willingness to take ownership of your code – you build it, you run it
• Ability to work with other geographically dispersed teams.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience in one or more of the following technologies is a plus: Unix/Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, infrastructure (Infrastructure as code) and general networking principles.
• Experience working on extremely highly scalable platforms is a plus.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.