DynCorp International LLC. Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor - (Quality Assurance Supervisor) in CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas
The Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for maintenance functions of assigned aircraft and is responsible for supervising day-to-day maintenance tasks on the aircraft, support equipment, and special tools.
Manage all aspects of aircraft maintenance and ensure all work is scheduled and performed in a safe and efficient manner.
Supervise maintenance staff, which includes reviewing employee performance, addressing personnel issues, generating assignments, and setting priorities
Perform scheduled/unscheduled maintenance, servicing, launch and recovery, corrosion control, and inspection, and routine through complex maintenance of aircraft, aircraft sub- systems, and components, as required.
Review work orders regarding modifications and/or upgrades to various aircraft systems.
Read and interpret manufacturers’ and company’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
Adjust, repair, or replace electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories, as required.
Provide guidance and instruction to team members concerning technical orders, checklists, and hazardous materials.
Responsible for maintaining equipment maintenance schedules on all company assets and monitoring parts and supply inventories.
Ensure availability of materials, anticipating requirements and reordering.
Offer technical guidance to Engineering staff regarding start-up of new equipment and follow-up of maintenance programs.
Provide employees with proper training on company equipment as required by OSHA Regulations and monitors annual training requirements.
May supervise and assist in aircraft/equipment movement.
May conduct flight line and hangar foreign object damage prevention walks and housekeeping.
May meet with Customers and Company Senior Leadership as required.
Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
Working knowledge of OSHA and company requirements.
Knowledge of safe working techniques and procedures.
Ability to plan and schedule maintenance work requirements and to direct skilled technicians in the daily performance of their duties.
Excellent communication, organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills.
Effective leadership and interpersonal skills with an ability to supervise a team.
Competent in the use of a computer, to include Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Valid driver’s license.
In-depth knowledge of flight line operations, aircraft/vehicle movement, and safety/hazards.
Advanced knowledge of aircraft common and special tools and test equipment, aircraft technical orders/job guides/publications and schematic diagrams, drawings, charts and technical publications, aircraft engine, landing gear, and flight control systems
Experience & Education
High School Education or equivalent.
Five (5) or more years’ experience in an aircraft maintenance environment.
Previous supervisory experience preferred.
Airframe and Power plant (A&P) license preferred.
Previous experience with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
Must be able to walk or stand on level and/or inclined surfaces up to three (3) hours per day and sit for up to five (5) hours per day.
May be required to lift up to 30 lbs. to the height of 4 feet and up to 20 lbs. to a height of 7 feet.
May be required to carry, push or pull up to 50 pounds.
On occasion must be able to lift up to 80 pounds.
Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp, or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
Must be able to routinely climb / descend stairs.
- As dictated by business necessity.
This position assists the Quality Assurance Manager in directing the day-to-day work activities of Quality Assurance to help meet the schedules and goals of the Quality Assurance Department. The Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient execution of the quality program by leading and supervising QA personnel in the operation and maintenance of the Quality Management System Program.
• Keep the Quality Assurance Manager, informed of deficiencies discovered that impact quality and/or safety.
• Assists in planning, coordinate and direct the activities of the Quality Assurance Department to ensure all service and support provided meet required quality standards.
• Provide a systematic and efficient method of gathering, analyzing and maintaining information on maintenance and material defects that impact the Aircraft Maintenance Program.
• Review all incoming technical publications and directives for program applicability and ensure distribution to using work centers.
• Supervise all aspects of Quality Assurance personnel and Quality Management System compliant with program requirements.
• Ensure all Maintenance Instructions, Work Instructions; Maintenance Checklists, etc. are complete and current prior to distribution
• Review all NAMDRP reporting requirements to ensure they are accurate, clear, concise and comprehensive prior to release.
• Promote and develop the Company Quality Management Philosophy within the Quality Assurance Department and other Site Departments.
• Assist with weekly/monthly/quarterly reporting requirements to the Government and Site Manager.
• Observe and monitor technical and personnel evaluation, training and qualification actions as necessary to ensure all assigned employees are certified to cover the full spectrum of work center requirements as specified.
• Conduct Quality, Safety, Environmental and Hazardous Material assessments and audits/inspections.
• Coordinate collection of responses to customer Corrective Action Response (CAR).
• Conduct and direct internal QMS audits, prepare formal audit reports, and define audit schedules.
• Monitor Environment, Health, & Safety (EH&S) activities and ensure that all regulatory, company and customer requirements are complied with.
• Coordinate incident/accident investigations and prepare the required reports.
• Perform internal and external audits to ensure compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, standards and regulations. Responsible for assisting, supervising and directing a team of site generated auditors to perform and report findings as well as corrective action plans for all departments.
• May be designated as a 4790 Program Manager.
• Participate in the identification and implementation of all continuous process improvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Working knowledge of aircraft maintenance, inspection techniques, FAA regulations, and technical publications.
• Ability to read, interpret, and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and technical publications.
• Exceptional communication skills, leadership abilities, and personnel management skills.
• Must be able to obtain a flight line driver’s license.
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
Experience & Education
• Shall have a minimum of 12 years in aviation maintenance with a minimum of five years as a Quality Assurance Representative.
• Shall have sufficient knowledge and experience to effectively assume responsibility for the overall quality of the Contractor maintenance effort in accordance with the COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2.
• High school degree or equivalent.
• FAA A&P license preferred.
• Three (3) or more years of personnel supervisory experience preferred.
• ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems experience preferred.
• Safety and Environmental program experience preferred.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Must be able to lift/push/pull minimum of 75 pounds.
• Work may be outdoors in extreme weather conditions.
• May be exposed to extreme noise from jet engine aircraft.
• May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles; may be exposed to electrical shock hazards or work near moving mechanical parts, vehicles, or aircraft.
• Minimal travel may be required
Job: *Aviation / Support
Title: Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor - (Quality Assurance Supervisor)
Location: UNITED STATES-TEXAS-CORPUS CHRISTI
Requisition ID: 2002445
DynCorp International is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. DynCorp International provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals in accordance with applicable federal law. The company will provide reasonable accommodation for the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the company’s operations. Applicants who need a reasonable accommodation during the employment application process should contact 817-224-7459. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation should call this number.
DynCorp International LLC.
- DynCorp International LLC. Jobs