AT&T SENIOR SECURITY FIREWALL ENGINEER in Cyberjaya, Malaysia
The Senior Security Engineer role is primarily responsible for leading and working on highly complex technical projects based on an in-depth knowledge of information security and IT operations. Experience with driving the design, development, and deployment efforts related to security projects as well as day-to-day security practices.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Lead the research, analysis, design, testing, and implementation of enterprise security engineering solutions to meet business requirements.
Participate in the evaluation, development, implementation, and communication of security standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environments.
Capable of leading and planning operations initiatives to include patching, operations and maintenance of perimeter security devices.
Act as a security expert resource (SME) to clients, internal teams in all phases of the development and implementation of projects.
Capable of evaluating performance results, performing risk assessments, and recommending changes impacting the perimeter security team.
Proactively identify, troubleshoot, and mitigate host, network and design vulnerabilities and provide metrics for reporting.
Provide technical assistance in validation and evaluation of security alerts or incidents as well as perform security risk analysis, architectural reviews and provide security advisory service.
Capable to lead projects and provide guidance/training to less experienced Engineers.
Key Competencies and Skills:
• Degree in computer science, engineering disciplines or equivalent technical certification or experience.
• Minimum requirement Check Point Certified Security Administrator (CCSA).
• Checkpoint Certified Security Expert (CCSE) is an advantage.
• Knowledge of Blue Coat Proxy is also an advantage, particularly those with BCCPA or BCCPP certifications.
• The candidate must be a technical escalation point and capable of communicating and coordinating all firewall related work to the clients, internal teams, vendors and consultants.
• Ability to rapidly learn and apply advanced and emerging technical security principles, theories, and concepts.
• Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
Education and Qualifications:
Minimum 4 years IT security/network engineering support experience such as Tier III, security infrastructure implementation, operations and maintenance.
This is a shift-based role (24x5, 8 hours shift including night shift on rotation basis, weekend standby required).