HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacist PRN in Cypress, Texas
_North Cypress Medical Center – Cypress, Texas_
North Cypress Medical Center is a 139 bed general acute care hospital, with a patient-friendly healthcare environment dedicated to their community. Our services include the latest, state-of-the-art medical technology and equipment, well-respected area physicians, and an upscale 5-star hotel-like ambiance. Designed with patients and physicians in mind, North Cypress aims to be the hospital of choice for the Northwest corridor. As part of the HCA Healthcare network of affiliated facilities, North Cypress Medical Center isone of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services including:
- Breast Center
- Dialysis Center
- Oncology Services
- Emergency Services with 4 free-standing locations
- Heart Center
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep CenterSports Center
- Weight Loss Center
- Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
North Cypress Medical Center is currently looking for aPharmacist.
_Position Summary:_ This position provides for the procurement, dispensing, monitoring effects of controlling and evaluating drug therapy as well as providing ongoing supervision of non-licensed persons.
* Identify drug incompatibilities, duplication in therapies and report these to the practitioner.
* Provide in-services/education to patients, nurses, physicians and other pharmacists as needed.
* Review/interpret culture and susceptibility data for antibiotic appropriateness and recommend changes as needed.
* Review and maintain patient profiles for diagnosis, allergies, age and weight information.
* Ensure appropriate dosing for patient age/wt.
* Sustains the hospital drug formulary, minimizing non formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic substitution protocols and promoting rational drug therapy selection. * Document minimum of 5 clinical interventions weekly. * Conducts * designated interventions as defined by the departments Clinical Intervention * Program (IV to PO, Renal Dosing, etc.) * Document * through order entry identification of 2 ADRs /per month * Dispense * food/drug interaction cards on targeted drugs. * Monitor * ASO’s and follow up with physicians. * Assumes * duties of pharmacy technicians in their absence. * Observe * and approve IV admixtures procedures and other preparations which technicians * compound. * Compounds * and dispenses pharmaceuticals including sterile products, chemotherapy and * parenteral nutrition products accurately, when necessary. * Supervise * pharmacy technicians in the performance of their duties. * Attend * Code Blues * Fosters * a team environment by providing orientation and training to new team members. * Assists co-workers in tasks, as time permits. * Enters * drug orders into the computer system without error. * Troubleshoot * equipment/computer problems in the absence of the technician supervisor. * Works * independently with minimal supervision. Organizes and prioritizes work * assignments. * Perform * quality monitoring functions as requested. * Obtain * out-of-stock drugs or non-formulary drugs in accordance with policies in the * absence of the purchasing agent. * Appropriately * label and dispense medication in a timely manner. * Restock * crash carts in a timely manner. * Check * medication trays/boxes (i.e. anesthesia trays, L&D boxes. * Completes * all assigned medication storage area inspections in a timely manner. Identifies * and replaces outdated and unusable drugs. * Approve * and check re-packaged items. * Attend * staff/hospital meetings as mandated. * Follow-up * on any problem orders posted. * Dispense * controlled substance in the absence of the narcotic technician & pharmacy * supervisor. * Demonstrates * sound professional judgment consistent with clinical/academic background. * Update * and transmit TPN orders to compass CAPS. * Perform MAR reconciliation.
Licensure:Current Texas Pharmacy License required. *Certification:ACPE Sterile Products Compounding Certification; BLS required. Skills: Effective communication, presentation, and teaching skills.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacist PRN
Location: Texas-Cypress-North Cypress Medical Center
Requisition ID: 26985-96688