Hilton Assistant C&E Manager in Da Nang City, Vietnam
An Assistant C&E Manager is acting as the leader of the Conference and Events departments, hence responsible for the outlet’s essential daily operations, level of guest satisfaction, all team member performances and achieving the Conference and Event department budgets/goals.
At Hilton, our promise is “to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected”, which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture which you will be shared and trained when you join us.
What will I be doing?
As an Assistant C&E Manager you are responsible for managing C&E department daily operations, to deliver an excellent guest experience and follow Hilton standards.
An Assistant C&E Manager will be required to supervise, train and develop team members including casual workers.
An Assistant C&E Manager will also be responsible for C&E department financial performance in terms of revenue generation and cost/expenses controlled within the budgeted guidelines.
CORE COMPETENCIES / ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure an exceptional level of customer service delivery at all times.
- Manage all C&E operations on a daily basis ensuring an effective and positive working environment at all times.
- Communicate frequently with event manager to monitor C&E calendar and provide in time assistance with guests requirements and recommendations pre and post function.
- Have a full understanding of C&E equipment, set up and serving standards with a keen sense of style, attention for detail as well flexibility in order to accommodate a variety of guest requests.
- Maintain a ‘lead by example’ management approach and assists all team members when needed.
- Be part of an effective communicating network within the team, between outlets and with other departments. To foresee any operational needs by attending meetings, conducting team briefings and passing information in time to the team.
- Assist in hiring and keep records of casual workers to establish a qualified casual worker source, to support different levels of business.
- Assist in recruitment, train, develop and manage all team members in the F&B department.
- Serve as a role model for the team as a reflection of Hilton standards and a Blue Energy mind set. Utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence and encourage others.
- Responsible for optimizing sales, managing costs and identifying potential problem areas for timely action.
- Responsible for ensuring staffing levels and assigning team member work schedules.
- Responsible for outlet targets and objectives, work schedules and budgets.
- Strictly control the proper usage, storage and inventory of all operating equipment, as well ensuring that the outlet is adequately equipped.
- Be able to analyze, understand and develop plans to achieve the set financial goals (reflected in revenues, operating costs and expenses) and non-financial goals (reflected in team performance, guest satisfaction, maintain Hilton standards, other community activities) in assigned outlets/areas, without compromising guest or employee satisfaction.
- Ensure and be accountable for cashier functions within outlets including correct guest billing, managing cash flows and submission of required financial reports.
- Drive sales to maximize budgeted revenue by taking part in creating promotional activities. Be a role model in perfecting own salesmanship and by driving team members with upselling training and incentive activities.
- Be environmentally aware in daily operation.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- Maintain a sound financial business mind-set, effective decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity, leads by example and always looks for self-improvements.
Additional responsibilities as below:
- Support other F&B operations outside of assigned outlet when required.
- Attend required trainings and conferences assigned by management.
- Undertake any reasonable additional tasks as assigned by the Food and Beverage Operations Manager to ensure the overall success of F&B department.
What are we looking for?
An Assistant C&E Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow
- Experience in similar role with an international brand: 1 - 2 years
- Experience in working with financial targets, operation reports and POS system.
- Excellent personal grooming and professional appearance.
- Excellent communication skills and upselling skills in English.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Ability to adapt, comply and provide trainings of Food and Beverage brand standards.
- Ability to supervise, develop and guide a large team in complex functions.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Commitment to deliver exceptional levels of guest service.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- College Degree in relevant area.
- Advance experience in working with Microsoft Software: Excel, Words, Power point and menu-making software: Adobe Illustrator, MS publisher.
- Ability to work creatively and interest in keeping track with ongoing trends in C&E worldwide.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Convention and Event Services
Title: Assistant C&E Manager
Requisition ID: HOT04RBS