Hilton Commis Chef in Da Nang City, Vietnam
To uphold Hilton Da Nang’s standards and to be responsive to the instructions of his section chef and the Executive Chef. The role of the Commis Chef will be to assist with accommodating the all-day dining requests and nutritional needs of all guests. The Commis Chef will be required to prepare and serve all menu items to the quality and standard of the hotel standard recipe cards/menus.
At Hilton, our promise is “to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected”, which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture which you will be shared and trained when you join us.
What will I be doing?
- Have a good understanding of the Hotel’s emergency procedures, Hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation and ensure implementation of those related to your department
- Have knowledge of the department procedures and standards; ensure the implementation all department procedures and standards
- Have knowledge of the hotel, its services, and facilities
- Handle equipment, tools, keys and supplies in proper way, kept in good working condition and regularly inspected, following instructions as directed.
- Report maintenance deficiencies and items in need of repair
- Report hazard issues
- Carry out lost and found procedures
- Ensure the standards of cleanliness and orderliness of all working areas
- Be environmentally aware
- Handle guest inquiries, requests and resolves guest complaints using MIR (Make It Right).
- Ensure an exceptional level of customer service delivery at all times by providing personal assistance to the guests with a professional, pleasant and positive manner at all times.
- Be proactive and observant in service to identify guest needs before being asked.
- Practice Hilton grooming standards including uniform dress code, cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Maintain good relationship with your colleagues, supervisors and other department
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
- Attend training and meetings when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel's Management
- Cooks and maintaining the quality, consistency and presentation of all food that is prepared and served from the Hotel kitchen operation as per the set standard recipes.
- Daily shift mise en place in the kitchen (breakfast, sauce, vegetables, cold kitchen, hot kitchen, a la carte service, buffets….) and be conscious of minimizing food wastage at all times.
- Keeping all cool room’s, fridge and freezer units and storerooms clean & tidy at all times while observing the necessary stock rotation standards.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned and in order to adhere to health standards.
- Observe standard health & hygiene and food handling practices and procedures at all times.
- Undertake the necessary learning and development from the kitchen brigades.
- Maintain positive and open lines of communication with fellow associates in the kitchen and also with F&B Service.
- Maintain a cleaning working environment during the course of your daily shift.
- Present innovative ideas to the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef/ Chef De Cuisine and Sous Chef.
- Arrive at workplace on time in full uniform prepared with tools and all equipment needed for service.
- Complete any other reasonable duties and services as assigned by the Executive Chef or senior associate of the Hotel kitchen operation.
What are we looking for?
The commis Chef serving Hilton Hotels is working on behalf of our Guest and working with our team members, to successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude behaviors, skills and values that follow:
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills, fluent in Vietnamese
- Committed to delivering high levels of Guest service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Ability to work with ownership as well within a team
- Flexible and reliable
- Excellent attention to details
- A passion for being on a winning team
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to work late shifts
- Methodical and well organized
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements and portion sizes.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Certificates or diploma in cooking from a recognized training institution is required
- Basic Cooking/Culinary Skills
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas,
- Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e. stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 90 kg.
- Minimum four months to two years’ experience in Kitchen Operations, with experience in a quality rated Hotel/Resort/Restaurant
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Hotel experience
- Experience in a similar position
- Can speak English
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Commis Chef
Requisition ID: HOT04RR9