Hilton Kitchen Steward in Da Nang City, Vietnam
To uphold Hilton Da Nang’s standards and to be responsive to the instructions of the Steward Supervisor / Chief Steward and Executive Chef. The role of the Kitchen Steward will be to assist with maintaining the cleanliness and hygiene of all the kitchen. The Kitchen Steward will be required to clean and sanitize all food & beverage equipment in a timely manner and keep all kitchen surfaces clean in the Hotel.
At Hilton, our promise is “to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected”, which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture which you will be shared and trained when you join us.
What will I be doing?
- Clean, clear and sanitize all cutlery, crockery, glassware & miscellaneous items in the dishwashing machine unit after use by guests.
- Practice and observe the correct methods for racking and stacking all soiled items listed in point number one so that breakages are minimized at all times and items are washed correctly in the dishwasher machine unit.
- Clear, clean and set-up all necessary plates and utensils for the staff dining room.
- Clean all pots, pans, baking trays, stoves, grills, ovens, salamander, deep fryer and exhaust hoods/filters as required during your daily shift.
- Perform general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned and in order to adhere to health standards.
- Observe standard health & hygiene practices and procedures at all times when working around or near food being prepared.
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitization of all kitchen wall, floor, ceiling, bench and drainage surfaces, cool rooms, fridges, freezers daily, using the correct chemical applications and techniques.
- Maintain positive and open lines of communication with fellow associates in the kitchen and also with F&B Service.
- Maintain a clean working environment during the course of your daily shift.
- Attend training sessions and meetings as required.
- Arrive at workplace on time in full uniform prepared with tools and all equipment needed for service.
- To understand and demonstrate competently the standards & procedures as set out by your department and Hilton Profiles
- Complete any other reasonable duties and services as assigned by the Steward Supervisor / Chief Steward or senior associate of the Hotel kitchen operation.
- Be well versed and knowledgeable of Hilton Hotels Da Nang’s Fire and Evacuation procedures as well as health and safety requirements in the Workplace. Ensure you are aware of your duty to care as determined by legislation and that you maintain a complete familiarity.
- Uphold the Hilton blue energy culture by demonstrating the Hilton Hotels Standards at all times to guests and fellow associates. Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety legislation, and related Hilton Da Nang Policies
What are we looking for?
The Kitchen Steward serving Hilton Hotels is working on behalf of our Guest and working with our team members, to successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude behaviors, skills and values that follow:
- Must be able to read and write (Vietnamese) to facilitate the communication process in and English reading to understand the manual, task list and notice
- Must have a good sense of team working
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to perform duties with in extreme temperature ranges.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to load and unload the dishwasher, handle all sorts of kitchen equipment, knives, slicing blades…
- It will be a plus have a basic computational ability.
- Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation.
- Minimum of Chemical knowledge andOperation of the Dishwasher
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 90 kg.
- Knowledge of the hotel, its services, and facilities.
- Minimum 4 months to 2 years’ experience in Steward Operations, including at least 4 month as kitchen Steward with experience in a quality rated Hotel/Resort/Restaurant
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Kitchen Steward
Requisition ID: HOT04RRF