Hilton Waiter/ess in Da Nang City, Vietnam
A Waiter/Waitress is responsible for providing F&B services to guests in a friendly, timely and efficient manner driving to achieve an exceptional guest experience while respectfully following Hilton standards.
At Hilton, our promise is “to ensure every guest feels care for, valued and respected”, which means we need you to live our Hilton Values and embrace our Hilton Blue Energy Culture which you will be shared and trained when you join us.
What will I be doing?
As F&B Waiter/Waitress you are responsible for performing F&B service, deliver F&B products and especially deliver an overall F&B experience to our guests, not only thorough the service but also by completing mise en place before/after shifts and poses extensive knowledge of our menus and promotional offerings.
CORE COMPETENCIES / ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform food and beverage service and delivery in a consistent and timely manner following departmental SOPs and policies.
- Ensure an exceptional level of customer service delivery at all times by providing personal assistance to the guests with a professional, pleasant and positive manner at all times.
- Be proactive and observant in service to identify guest needs before being asked.
- Perform mise-en-place and ensures the outlet’s orderliness and cleanliness for both front and back of the house at all shifts by following checklists.
- Check and recheck to make sure outlet’s setup arrangement and ambience always follow the concept guidelines.
- Handle guest inquiries, requests and resolves guest complaints using MIR (Make It Right).
- Handle operating equipment following instructions as directed.
- Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in conjunction with licensing/liquor regulations.
- Drive sales by knowing departmental/hotel promotions, applying upselling techniques and being proactive in menu recommendation without compromising guest satisfaction.
- Practice Hilton grooming standards including uniform dress code, cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Take part in controlling inventory of outlet’s OSE and guest supplies. Reports immediately to supervisor in case of irregularities.
- Handle item posting, guest billing with precise attention following accounting procedures and policies.
- Be part of an effective communicating network within the team, between outlets and with other departments to ensure best understanding of daily operations and foresee operational needs by attending meetings/briefings noting down important information and reporting to proper reporting lines appropriately.
- Attend all trainings required by department and hotel.
- Be environmentally aware in daily operation.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
Additional responsibilities as below:
- Support other F&B operations outside of assigned outlet when required.
- Attend required trainings and conferences assigned by management.
- Undertake any reasonable additional tasks as assigned by the Food and Beverage Operations Manager to ensure the overall success of F&B department.
What are we looking for?
A Waiter/Waitress serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our guests and working with other team members. To successfully fill this role 1xcsyou should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills and values that follow:
- Working experience in similar role with an international brand: 1 - 2 years.
- Excellent personal grooming and professional appearance.
- Good communication skills and upselling skills in English.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Ability to work in different shifts.
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Commitment to deliver exceptional levels of guest service.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Degree in relevant field.
- Previous experience of cash handling, POS system
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Requisition ID: HOT04RMJ