IBM Cloud Technical Project Manager : IBM Tech Re-Entry in DALLAS, Texas
IBM's Tech Re-Entry program is looking for talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their careers after an absence from the workforce of two years or more. This paid 12 week returnship will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. During your IBM Tech Re-Entry returnship program, you will have the opportunity to update your skills in a contemporary work environment. You will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary teams to hone your expertise and deliver on client-critical solutions. You'll be able to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new skills and relationships.
Technical Project Manager Dallas, Texas
Empowered. Innovative. Inspiring. Creative. Intense. These are all words we use to describe work with IBM Cloud team.
This position, within the IBM Cloud Infrastructure Fabric organization, is responsible for project management functions related to product development and operation. This role provides support for Cloud infrastructure development and operation and backing for the successful launch of products/systems. Uses project management skills to promote goals and objectives of project initiatives including such factors as scope management, project documentation, project schedules, issue tracking, risk management, and project status reporting.
• Organize, communicate and document the on-going efforts with development and operation teams
• Coordinate with internal departments ensuring they are up to date on current projects and initiatives
• Provide retrospectives on past projects helping to outline areas for improvement
• Effectively facilitate communications to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion and assist in tracking troubled tasks to help hold project team members accountable for delivery
• Understand and identify project issues and conflicts within projects
• Track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
• Work with management teams to facilitate progress reports to management
• Conduct post-project reviews and make recommendations for continuous excellence in project execution and delivery.
In order to qualify for this returnship, you must have been out of the full-time workforce for a minimum of 2 years. Upon acceptance of the offer you are required to attend 3 days orientation in our HQ Armonk, NY
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Ability to assess and apply the appropriate levels of project practice and engagement to achieve the project objectives being fulfilled by agile and non-agile teams.
Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with development and operation teams.
Fast in learning, self-motivating
Experience with IT infrastructure product development and operations
Experience with project management
Proficient in MS Office products.
Authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.