HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Team Lead - Food and Nutrition Services in Dallas, Texas
PATIENT SERVICES TEAM LEAD - FOOD and NUTRITION SERVICES
(Work Schedule: Full Time, Mixed with rotating weekends)
- To ensure timely and efficient meal services to all patient areas
- To respond to customer and guests concerns in person at the time of the complaint and via email for electronically received complaints.
- To direct, monitor and participate in the overall sanitation and safety of the department and employees in accordance with both company standards and regulatory agencies.
- To assist in the preparation of work schedules and assist in the performance evaluations and competencies of all employees.
- To train new employees and ensure consistent training of current staff on policies, procedures and equipment.
- To notify management of any food shortages and equipment breakdowns; takes appropriate corrective action as needed to address equipment repairs and adjust procedures as indicated.
ABOUT MEDICAL CITY DALLAS Our medical team consists of more than 1,200 physicians, many of whom are recognized as the world’s best in their specialties. Patients travel to Medical City from all over the United States and more than 75 other countries for the sophisticated treatment offered by our 400 in-house physician specialists. Medical City offers a full-service adult hospital and pediatric hospital, with separate adult and pediatric emergency rooms, as well as numerous outpatient clinics and diagnostic centers. Our providers have access to state-of-the-art technology and are pioneering new medical procedures every day to accommodate patient needs. We operate as a 796-bed tertiary care center, and we hope from the moment you walk through our doors, you will notice the Medical City difference.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Associate's Degree (preferably in Nutrition, Hotel/Restaurant/Hospitality or Culinary) preferred
- Certified Dietary Manager or a Nutrition/Dietetic Technician preferred
- Requires at least 3 years of food service management experience, preferably in a high volume restaurant, hospital, hotel, or room service environment
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
Food Service Manager’ certification required within the 1st year of employment.
Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR) or certification as a Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Maintain confidentiality both employee and patient related and complies with HIPAA standards
- Bi-lingual is a plus
- Math, reasoning and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written; ability to write routine reports & correspondence
- Intermediate computer skills, knowledge of Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with excellent attention to details
- Ability to read & interpret documents such as safety rules, equipment operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to safely operate all kitchen equipment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with a culturally diverse workforce
- Critical thinking skills
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Team Lead - Food and Nutrition Services
Location: Texas-Dallas-Medical City - Dallas
Requisition ID: 01505-107585