Farmers Insurance Auto Physical Damage Appraiser - Daly City, CA in Daly City, California
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Entry level APD Specialist who either completes in-person or virtual inspections and prepares estimates, or proactively reviews and adjusts estimates from repair shops, either Direct Repair or non-Direct repair, and subrogation demands from other carriers. Establishes damages and negotiates settlement of claims with repair facilities and/or customers and works with them to manage repairs and rental. Reviews and resolves supplements. Confirms accuracy of Total Loss evaluations and negotiates settlement with customers or their representative. Communicates and collaborates with Claim Owners to facilitate claim resolution for customers. May be assigned as a Claim Owner on Tier 1 claims.
Territory will be between Daly City, CA and Mountain View, CA.
Essential Job Functions
- Completes vehicle inspections and prepares estimate or reviews and adjusts estimates from repair facilities and subrogation demands using claims estimating software and determines claims related damage.
- Establishes damages and negotiates settlement of claims with repair facilities or other carriers.
- Manages repair process and adjusts auto repair supplements and manages rental.
- Confirms accuracy of total loss evaluation, explains the process and settles total loss claims when appropriate.
- Obtains total loss salvage release from policyholder or claimant and completes field clearing note before assigning to Salvage department, mitigating additional salvage storage costs.
- Interacts/collaborates directly with policyholders, claimants, agents, and other representatives including repair facilities.
- Explains damages and the repair process, and sets expectations.
- Effectively collaborates with claim owners for customer interaction and resolution strategy.
- Appropriate communication with all entities associated with the claim to ensure the repairs are completed efficiently.
- This includes parts availability and appropriate repair scheduling.
- Confirms, explains, and applies coverage, assists with rental management, determines and reports on subrogation potential, fraud ind icators, negotiates and issues claim payments.
- Performs applicable administrative tasks (timekeeping, expense reports).
- Completes assigned training and activities to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities required to complete the job duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Basic negotiating skills.
- Basic interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Automotive repair knowledge preferred.
- Basic conflict resolution skills. Basic critical thinking skills.
- Actively pursuing I-CAR Platinum designation and technical learning - Preferred
Special Skill Requirement
MUST HAVE VALID DRIVERS LICENSE
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job: *Strategic Management & Administration
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Auto Physical Damage Appraiser - Daly City, CA
Location: California-Daly City
Requisition ID: 1900010A