Farmers Insurance Estimator - Auto Claims - Daly City, CA in Daly City, California
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Entry level APD Specialist who either completes in-person or virtual inspections and prepares estimates, or proactively reviews and adjusts estimates from repair shops, either Direct Repair or non-Direct repair, and subrogation demands from other carriers. Establishes damages and negotiates settlement of claims with repair facilities and/or customers and works with them to manage repairs and rental. Reviews and resolves supplements. Confirms accuracy of Total Loss evaluations and negotiates settlement with customers or their representative. Communicates and collaborates with Claim Owners to facilitate claim resolution for customers. May be assigned as a Claim Owner on Tier 1 claims.
This customer facing position will be located near Daly City, CA with the selected applicant being in the field covering a territory. Desired city locations: San Francisco, Redwood City, Palo Alto, Mountain View. Prior Auto Physical Damage Estimating is preferred.
Essential Job Functions
- Completes vehicle inspections and prepares estimate or reviews and adjusts estimates from repair facilities and subrogation demands using claims estimating software and determines claims related damage.
- Establishes damages and negotiates settlement of claims with repair facilities or other carriers.
- Manages repair process and adjusts auto repair supplements and manages rental.
- Confirms accuracy of total loss evaluation, explains the process and settles total loss claims when appropriate.
- Obtains total loss salvage release from policyholder or claimant and completes field clearing note before assigning to Salvage department, mitigating additional salvage storage costs.
- Interacts/collaborates directly with policyholders, claimants, agents, and other representatives including repair facilities.
- Explains damages and the repair process, and sets expectations.
- Effectively collaborates with claim owners for customer interaction and resolution strategy.
- Appropriate communication with all entities associated with the claim to ensure the repairs are completed efficiently.
- This includes parts availability and appropriate repair scheduling.
- Confirms, explains, and applies coverage, assists with rental management, determines and reports on subrogation potential, fraud indicators, negotiates and issues claim payments.
- Performs applicable administrative tasks (timekeeping, expense reports).
- Completes assigned training and activities to develop the knowledge, skills and abilities required to complete the job duties.
Performs other duties as assigned
Sits or stands for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Occasionally reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Occasionally moves, lifts, carries, and places objects and supplies weighing 0-10 pounds without assistance. Listens to, interprets, and differentiates auditory information (e.g. others speaking) at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Visually verifies and reads information. Visually locates material, resources and other objects. Ability to continuously operate a computer for extended periods of time, up to a full work shift. Physical dexterity sufficient to use hands, arms, and shoulders repetitively to operate keyboard and other office equipment up to a full work shift.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Basic negotiating skills.
- Basic interpersonal and communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Automotive repair knowledge preferred.
- Basic conflict resolution skills.
- Basic critical thinking skills.
Actively pursuing I-CAR Platinum designation and technical learning - Preferred
Special Skill Requirement
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Organization: *Farmers Insurance
Title: Estimator - Auto Claims - Daly City, CA
Location: California-Daly City
Requisition ID: 1900058U