Hilton General Manager, Hilton Darwin in Darwin, Australia
Our team members are changing the world one stay at a time. They’re engaged and recognised in many ways for showcasing their talents. Join the most well known Hotel brand in the World and you’ll have more than just a job. You’ll have a challenging and rewarding career in the hospitality industry.
About the role
In your new role as General Manager Hilton Darwin, you will be responsible for Managing the day to day hotel operations in keeping with all corporate and brand standards. You will also responsible for maximising performance and profitability, as well as guest and team member satisfaction. Reporting to the Vice President Operations-Australasia, you will communicate with Hotel owners and the Regional Corporate office as required, to develop and execute strategic management of the Hotel in line with Company goals.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages day to day operations of the Hotel according to the budgets set for the maximisation of profit through assigning and delegating authority to Directors and Departmental Managers.
- Manages and coordinates the implementation of all Global goals, projects, policies and events
- Directs the functions of administration and strategic planning of the Hotel for the improvement of standards and productivity in order to provide the best possible service to guests, including physical improvements to the Hotel and equipment in accordance with Hilton policy.
- Has the primary and legal responsibility for workplace health and safety and to ensure, so far as reasonably practicable, that the health and safety of all team members any other persons at the Hotel are not put at risk.
- Maintains good relations with Hotel stakeholders, ensuring timely reporting and payment of dues, and access to Hotel and records in accordance with policy.
- Is responsible for ensuring that all necessary action is taken to protect the legal organisation of the operation, remaining informed as to legislation and judicial decisions which can affect the legal status of the operations and/or it’s team members.
- Leads the team and is responsible for working with the Human Resources Director to implement the Hilton vision “To fill the earth with the light and warmth of Hospitality” and HILTON values ‘Hospitality, Integrity, Leadership, Teamwork, Ownership and Now’, in order to encourage all team members to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Ensures all Global Hilton Policies and Procedures are implemented and followed and develops hotel procedures in line with these policies.
- Develop the culture within the Hotel, encouraging team members to deliver a Hilton guest experience, and exceed customer expectations.
- Maintain knowledge of changing global Hospitality trends and actively participate in the Management of Food and Beverage outlets, in conjunction with the Director of Operations.
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience as a Hotel Manager/Hotel General Manager with substantial and successful track record in hotel operations
- Thorough understanding of the Australian market, with a focus of understanding the “local” management required in Darwin
- Ability to adapt to the seasonal local market conditions to maximise profit
- Leadership experience; preferably 5 years or more.
- Proven track record of successes in achieving revenue and service objectives.
- Proven ability to recruit, motivate and train a team of professionals.
- Business competence as a manager to watch costs closely whilst leading the market in rate growth.
As a Hilton Team Member you can expect to receive:
- Participation in an annual bonus program
- Team member only discount global Hilton room rates
- Discounts of up to 50% on products and services in participating Hilton outlets
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3000 learning programs
- Career development planning opportunities
Job: General Manager/Hotel Manager
Title: General Manager, Hilton Darwin
Requisition ID: HOT0576Q