HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Ultrasound Technician PRN in Deltona, Florida
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES– Under the direction of the Radiologist performs ultrasound procedures in accordance with established protocols for patient ages. Displays a high degree of proficiency of scanning knowledge. Responsible for maintaining expert technical and patient care skills to provide quality diagnostic results.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Performs high quality diagnostic imaging to include OBGYN, ABD, Small Parts and Vascular Ultrasound as Center service lines require.
· Effectively operates sonography equipment.
· Analyzes technical information/results
· Provides summaries for Physicians to use in procedure interpretation.
· Where applicable, serves as Clinical instructor for students of affiliate imaging programs.
· Obtains and records all pertinent clinical information relating to the procedure ordered including but not limited to patient history, pregnancy, allergies, lab tests, correlative procedure results, reason for the test and patient complaints/symptoms in accordance with Center policy.
· Performs quality control procedures prior to performing clinical procedures and regularly inspects equipment.
· Ensures that patient results are communicated to healthcare team timely, accurately and without compromising security and confidentiality.
· Ensures all required documentation, requisitions, forms, charges, and patient’s medical record are completed per established Center policy. Completes all written and computer documentation in a timely manner.
· Ensures compliance to JCAHO (if applicable) and all other applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies.
· Plays active role in ACR accreditation and in process/maintenance of Center accreditation.
· Actively participates in staff orientation, training, education programs, performance improvement, and quality control activities and initiatives.
· Uses equipment in safe and effective manner; reporting repairs to appropriate person.
· Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
· Reduces hazards/risks, prevents accidents/injuries and maintains safe conditions in workplace.
· Completes on-going continual education to improve job performance, maintain licensure/certification/registration, and stays abreast of current trends and practices.
· Maintains and organizes supplies appropriately.
· Fosters open communication by offering, encouraging, and accepting suggestions.
· Meets established goals and objectives
· Follows through with work assignments and informs supervisor if unable to complete task.
· Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Missionand Value Statement”
· Other duties as assigned
· High School diploma or equivalent. Graduate of JRCERT accredited imaging program required.
· 2 to 4 years experience required
· ARRT (R), (US), or ARDMS required. BLS required. Specialty certifications may be required as per state guidelines and/or modality.
Title: Ultrasound Technician PRN
Location: Florida-Deltona-LAD Imaging - Deltona
Requisition ID: 03118-2571