Occidental Petroleum Facilities Engineer in Denver City, Texas
Title: Facilities Engineer Location: United States-Texas-Denver City Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide. Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Plant Facilities Engineer within our Permian EOR Plants Business Unit in Denver City, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
This position includes the performance of the following functions in support of ongoing plant operations with a focus on improved plant value through optimization:
• Protect the environment, and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate.
• Design of new surface infrastructure elements including gas-processing systems, plant utility systems, compressor systems, and metering and pipeline systems.
• Provide facilities engineering support and expertise for studies and projects.
• Provide facilities engineering support to plant operations and maintenance to evaluate issues affecting daily plant performance.
• Provide facilities engineering support in the development of large capital or expense projects. Assist in developing scope documents, P&ID’s and PFD’s.
• Project planning and management for safe execution of projects with predictable cost, schedule and performance.
• Incorporate Process Safety and Risk Management principles into all work performed.
• Participate in PHA's, and the MOC (Management of Change) program.
• Provide construction support, participate in PSSR’s, and assist with project commissioning and start-up.
• Maintain technical expertise in codes, procedures and selection and technology through individual effort and ongoing training.
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years functional experience in design of onshore oil and gas production and/or gas conditioning, processing facilities and maintenance functions.
• Demonstrated commitment to safety, including safety considerations in engineering design, recommendations, and operability.
• Ability to communicate with a broad spectrum of plant and corporate personnel in a multi-disciplined team environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to make technically and economically sound recommendations with incomplete information and in the time required.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
• Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
• Proficiency in typical rotating and stationary equipment, equipment sizing/design, and system design.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite software.
• Proficiency in or ability to learn applicable technical and economic analysis software.
• Working knowledge of the following in context of upstream oil and gas operations:o OSHA Process Safety Management elements and typical safety program requirements o Industry codes and standards (ASME B31.3, B31.4, B31.8, ASME Section 8, Div. 1 Pressure Vessel Code, etc.) o Typical rotating and stationary equipment o Typical materials of construction o Process control elements and systems
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Working knowledge of reliability engineering principles and life cycle cost analysis.
• Working knowledge of corrosion engineering principles.
• Formal training and work experience in project management.
• Working knowledge of procurement systems and contracting.
• Ability to represent the company’s interests with vendors and contract technical staff.
• Working knowledge of typical onshore oil and gas construction practices.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status