Occidental Petroleum Production Tech I in Denver City, Texas
Title: Production Tech I Location: United States-Texas-Denver City Other Locations:
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Production Tech within our Permian EOR group.
This position is responsible for oil and gas well operations, well testing, operating and maintaining field equipment and facilities, surveillance of general field operations and maintenance of various databases regarding production and operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintenance of different types of well include flowing, beam pump (with electronic pump-off controller), plunger lift, water injection and water disposal.
• Maintenance of different types of facilities include production tank batteries, flowlines, LACT (lease automatic custody transfer) facilities, water injection plants, natural gas compression, cathodic protection and metering devices (electronic gas measurement and others).
At least High School Grad or GED. Some college or technical training preferred
Valid Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record
3 years of industry experience
Skills & Competencies:
• Strong initiative and self-starter
• Multi-task orientation with skills related to work prioritization
• Working knowledge of oil and gas production operations preferred, but will train acceptable candidate
• Understanding of importance of environmental and safe work practices
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as by self without direct supervision
• Technical skills related to math and analytical processes
• Proficiency in the use of personal computer utilizing a windows environment
• Ability to keep neat and accurate records
• General mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills
• Ability to identify operational inefficiencies
• Understanding of Business fundamentals
• Ability to implement cost effective solutions
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status