HCA, Hospital Corporation of America AirLife Flight Paramedic Generous Relocation in Denver, Colorado
*Position Title*:Flight Transport Paramedic
_Note:_Start Date is January 2019
HCA AIR LIFE Denver Please click on this Video Link :https://portal.mpkinteractive.com/view/media/168/2463
AIRLIFEprovides unique services to a large rural area in addition to providing critical care transport services to the Denver metropolitan area. Rural constituents have limited access to specialized services. The rapid access and critical care services provided by AIRLIFE during transport to higher levels of care have significantly improved patient outcomes for the rural communities. The AIRLIFE team thrives on providing cutting edge technology, skill, and service to their patients. AIRLIFE continues their mission to meet the needs of the community and the region.
*Position Summary:* * The Flight/transport paramedic demonstrates advanced knowledge, skills and understands the unique aspects of the population served in the care of his/her patients. * Each service also requires specialized skills. * The delivery of care is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety and learning needs of the individual patient. * The flight/transport Paramedic may rotate to areas other than his/her assigned service area/s, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency. * The flight Paramedic performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care delivery at AIR LIFE. * Utilizes critical thinking skills to deliver care to critically ill and/or injured patients aboard a variety of fixed wing aircraft, rotor wing aircraft and ground ambulances. * Transports may be between medical facilities or directly from the scene of an accident or illness. Assists with marketing activities of program. * Supports research projects.
*KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: *
- Demonstrates good organizational skills.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at HealthONE and AirLife.
- Displays appropriate judgment and problem solving skills.
- Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
- Completion of Paramedic Training Program
- Completion of Paramedic Training Program
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred *EXPERIENCE: *
- Minimum of five years critical care and/or busy “911” experience caring for diverse patient populations.
- Previous experience caring for patients of all age groups.
- Prefer previous critical care or flight transport experience.
- Able to articulate and demonstrate knowledge of emergency medicine/critical care theory and practice.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION:
* Current Colorado Certified Paramedic required.
* Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS, and NRP also required at time of hire. * Paramedic National Registry NREMT-P required. FP-C required. * Critical Care endorsement by State of Colorado required at time of hire.
DEGREE OF SUPERVISION REQUIRED:
* Able to work independently and autonomously with practice guidelines and medical policies and procedures with minimal support or supervision within scope of practice and parameters set forth by state and governing agencies.
* Responsible for understanding and operating within the scope of practice for paramedics in all states where AirLife cares for and transports patients.
* The orientation period is based on experience and continuous assessment of progress by Program Director, Chief Flight Nurse, Educators/preceptors and Medical Director/s.
* Orientation typically ranges between 16-24 weeks.
* Orientation includes HealthONE orientation ideally during first 2 weeks of employment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: * Must be able to work in highly dynamic environment with exposure to noise, vibration and weather extremes. * Must be able to wear Night Vision Goggles (NVG’s) and helmets for extended periods of time in flight. * The weight of each helmet is approximately 3.64 pounds with the additional weight of the NVG’s of 1.84 pounds.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: AirLife Flight Paramedic Generous Relocation
Location: Colorado-Denver-Clinic Services
Requisition ID: 60479703